Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Apparently she landed at the dealers today

View tomorrow and all being well collect Friday

Can barely hold my water
Looks like yours was on the same boat as mine and jonfromwales after all. They've obviously dropped his in wales, mine in midlands, then done one up north to drop yours off.

How come you can't pick it up when you go to see it?

I pick mine up on wednesday, it arrived friday just gone, excited!

Reactions: mzezman

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonder if mine came on the same boat? Emailed dealer but no reply, apparently it was shipped on the 1st according to myvolvo.
that is the day after mine showed as shipped so every chance it will land tomorrow

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like yours was on the same boat as mine and jonfromwales after all. They've obviously dropped his in wales, mine in midlands, then done one up north to drop yours off.

How come you can't pick it up when you go to see it?

I pick mine up on Wednesday, it arrived Friday just gone, excited!
Wow an amazing thought, if we ever attend a meet at the same time we will have to see if they recognize each other :rolleyes:

I suppose 4 days Friday to Weds is mo different to 4 days Mon - Fri for PDI? and the dealer needs to fit my towbar (worrying already) as whilst it was ordered with the car I am told they are only ever fit at the dealers upon arrival... don't think I'll sleep tonight for thoughts of a man with a jigsaw cutting holes in my new baby.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow an amazing thought, if we ever attend a meet at the same time we will have to see if they recognize each other :rolleyes:

I suppose 4 days Friday to Weds is mo different to 4 days Mon - Fri for PDI? and the dealer needs to fit my towbar (worrying already) as whilst it was ordered with the car I am told they are only ever fit at the dealers upon arrival... don't think I'll sleep tonight for thoughts of a man with a jigsaw cutting holes in my new baby.
That's a terrifying thought. Hope they know what they're doing!

It's funny how the little things make you worry. For example, my dealer sent a video of my car when it arrived, but I noticed the wing mirrors weren't folded. All of a sudden I was worrying they'd forgotten or removed that functionality!

The littlest of things. I'll know in just under 24 hours, but it's a long, looong wait. Jonfromwales reports that he loves his, so hopefully the good experiences will continue all round.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been in and made my expectations VERY clear, I'm not expecting it to go well but hope beyond all hope that they prove me wrong (and I will love them forever).

I'm both excited and terrified at the same time - seats had white stitching though which does looks the dogs danglies.

Will post a couple of pics if I work out how

·
Registered
382 Posts
that is the day after mine showed as shipped so every chance it will land tomorrow
Still heard nothing from the dealer, oh well what will be will be, just want to transfer over the insurance, and possibly take the day off to pick it up rather than have them deliver it. Although driving back from Birmingham on the M6/M40 is hardly a glorious maiden voyage, rather the fairly clear B roads of my daily commute.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing I was amazed at is dealer started it briefly and it really did sound like a petrol, cold engine and no diesel knock at all, just a sweet purr

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hahah! Looks great mate! I got mine this morning, will upload some piccies!

Reactions: jifen

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
J1fen,
Thought you were in the UK not the antipodes!
Ha Ha Ha, it's perfect on my phone but upside down on the PC, didn't know what you meant till I scrolled down :)

We really need the 10 min maximum edit time changing on posts as it's a PITA as I have a few posts I would correct :)

Reactions: Arb and AKD47

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahah! Looks great mate! I got mine this morning, will upload some piccies!
Yes get those pics up and a review rolling...

It seems we all saturate the forum in anticipation then as soon as any bu66er takes delivery you never hear from them for a fortnight :dodgy:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes get those pics up and a review rolling...

It seems we all saturate the forum in anticipation then as soon as any bu66er takes delivery you never hear from them for a fortnight :dodgy:
Pictures are now up!

So far it's been great, really nice, I'm just a bit nervous driving it. A monsoon has now begun so I'm waiting for it to die down before going out again!

Reactions: jifen

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well what a bloody experience, incompetence is not the word !

I am not going to 'name and shame' my dealer as they have been more than fair in finding a settlement arrangement but it's fair to say they (or the salesman) has significant organization problems.

I made a change to the order before it went live, confirmed twice verbally, twice in writing and had a new sales order document issued - but the sports pack was still not on the bloody car ! Any this only came to light after I viewed the car Tuesday and asked a direct question.

Opted out of towbar on a no confidence vote given the above, so no bike rack either.

Then to top it all, I got a phone call yesterday 30 min before I was due to pick it up to say it had not yet had it's PDI... FFS - they had it 5 days beforehand !

Ended up with a very rushed 1 hour PDI

No private plate on it yet

Got home and found a dint in back quarter

Yes this on a car I waited 14 weeks for !!! Yes 14 Weeks and no one spent 30 secs to check the order even though I gave two different people a direct instruction to do so and confirm such in writing

But after all that I have to say the car is absolutely amazing (white up in 'garage' section)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well what a bloody experience, incompetence is not the word !

I am not going to 'name and shame' my dealer as they have been more than fair in finding a settlement arrangement but it's fair to say they (or the salesman) has significant organization problems.

I made a change to the order before it went live, confirmed twice verbally, twice in writing and had a new sales order document issued - but the sports pack was still not on the bloody car ! Any this only came to light after I viewed the car Tuesday and asked a direct question.

Opted out of towbar on a no confidence vote given the above, so no bike rack either.

Then to top it all, I got a phone call yesterday 30 min before I was due to pick it up to say it had not yet had it's PDI... FFS - they had it 5 days beforehand !

Ended up with a very rushed 1 hour PDI

No private plate on it yet

Got home and found a dint in back quarter

Yes this on a car I waited 14 weeks for !!! Yes 14 Weeks and no one spent 30 secs to check the order even though I gave two different people a direct instruction to do so and confirm such in writing

But after all that I have to say the car is absolutely amazing (white up in 'garage' section)
Ouch that sucks!
This is one of my concerns having also changed the order verbally and with a revised order doc from the dealer, and another disappointment with the My Volvo website which is a total waste of time as it does not show my specification until it arrives at the dealer!!!! I want to see that my car has been built exactly as I specified.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.