Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had my new V40 RDesign for a week today and in the last 7 days it's been getting some looks. It's also in Rebel Blue.

I was initially looking at the XC60 and today was parked up next to a black XC60 - mine was getting all the looks and also, looked much slicker and sportier. Someone came over in the street today and was asking all sorts of questions on the V40 and is going off to Volvo to take a look at one now after taking a look and sit in mine.

It seems the Volvo V40 RDesign is a great alternative to the BMW 1 series, Audi and Golf. I must admit, the V40 doesn't look bad from any angle and the interior is just sublime compared to the competition. I can't seem to stop looking at it, it's just a little ball of fun. Parked up today against other small cars it just stands out and look very cool and modern. It's more half hatchback / half sports car in appearance. Volvo are definitely well beyond their boxy look and people are still amazed that I drive a Volvo but then they see the R-Design and are rather shocked at how great it looks. I've not had a car before which after 7 days still has me peeking out the window just to take a look.

On the first long drive yesterday it was also great and I got 49.5MPG and that was doing 80mph in cruise on the motorway. The Rebel blue is also growing on me fast. Slick black alloy completely finish the look. The privacy dark glass and the sunroof are just so good. My only real criticism is the Natnav sucks compared to TomTom. If it had TomTom the car would be perfect.

It's great to drive and great to look at. Just hope it remains reliable and I have no doubt that a month from now it will still be putting a smile on my face and others

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hay

Thanks so much that's a fantastic review... I have also ordered mine and it sould arrive sometime at the end of July. Mine is also a Rebel Blue...and I was debating if I should have gone for the red hmmmmm I did not see the red and blue next to each other if I had I'm not really sure which would look the best hmmm :()

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Great to see you pleased with the car.

I can't see any reason why your car won't maintain reliability. At 30.5k miles my V40 has performed flawlessly and drives as good as the day I collected it new from the dealer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm just coming up for 12.5k since January (6 months) and it hasn't missed a beat.
Booked in for its first service next week, let's hope it continues to perform - average MPG from new around 60mpg

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
252 Posts
The V 40 is a stunning car especially so in Rebel blue R-design.

Quite exclusive in Britain too, rarely do I ever see another, and when I do it's a D2- I have never seen another Rebel T3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey

Thanks for the replies. Definitely rebel blue is better than the red. Ill be quite honest, in the red the tail lights are lost which is like a quarter of the rdesign appeal so definitely blue! And it's unique on the road and the black compliments it completely - way more than red.

Another long drive tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I reckon I'll get over 50mpg much better than my 30 I was getting in the 1.8 s40. I'm still checking out the car 8 days later and so are others, the interior still has me sat there like wow this is my car. I don't know why for interior reasons anyone would pick BMW or Audi. Volvo won hands down and as a driver where so we spend most of our time??!

Just a great car. Looks so much better in rdesign tho! Full leather seats finish it off too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You are going to keep on loving the r design, I still smile at mine and am surprised how good it looks when I see it from a different perspective. Red all the way for me though, looks awesome with the panoramic roof. I too will avoid mentioning fuel economy for the opposite reason to kev��

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll also avoid mentioning fuel economy.

(Still not managed 30mpg over a tank yet).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol! I just set it to cruise and got 52.3mpg yesterday easy as pie. Traffic bought I down though in the end but a really good cruise! Had a DVD on when the traffic started and stopped and was fun watching the movie in a jam! 5mpg the screen went off on.

I worry about my PCP deal ie the monthly which is real small but it's definitely worth it for a quality business vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.