Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm going to take some test drives and discuss a possible order tomorrow whilst my C30 is having it's 100,000 mile service. The spec I've come up with is:

D4 (190) manual R-Design Lux Nav
Caspian Blue
Lux winter pack
Sports pack
Sensus Connect with premium sound
PCC with keyless drive
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Flexible load floor
Tempa spare wheel
Rear park assist

What do you think? I'm undecided whether or not to add Volvo On Call to the options list, is it worth it?

I'm a bit annoyed that the colours I most like for the V40 (power blue and flamenco red) aren't available for the R-Design but other than that I'm looking forward to hopefully placing an order!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd add the TFT display - its a good fun toy and Adaptive Cruise Control, I use it every journey.

Edit: I barely use Park Assist Pilot, but really like having the front parking sensors, so I'd consider them too.

Reactions: Yellowbelly

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my D4 R Design Nav from my dealer as a used car, 10months old and 4200 miles. Like my previous C30 it's a ex Volvo HQ car and the list of options is endless. Ask your dealer to source you one. They sell them via the BCA Auction group and dealers bid against each other. I waited until I saw the colour and spec I wanted appeared then got them to buy it.

This option will save you cash, get a car with more spec than you've listed. Car was like new and I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My C30's an ex Volvo HQ car so is fully loaded as well! I wouldn't rule out a nearly new car, however they're unlikely to have any of the new D4 engines available yet so it's more likely I'll be going for a new order.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
My D3 is a Volvo Head Office car, had 10000km on the clock, same as my T3 that I traded in.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looking at RiCu's spec on his T5, I'd guess that's also an ex Volvo HQ car......
Indeed, although mine had less than 1000 miles on it. I don't think Volvo UK liked paying to fuel it....

Reactions: Millvi

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you really need boot space don't go for Flexible load floor and Tempa spare wheel. FLF is only needed if you want a perfectly flat boot floor when you throw down the rear seats. It seems nice but trust me is quite useless. Spare wheel eats almost 5-6 cm of boot depth and you may need it once or twice during the lifetime of the car, in which case if you have the kit instead of the spare, you will be good to go in no time (unless of course the tire is torn). Furthermore, the spare wheel adds weight (which you don't need on an already heavy car)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your replies, I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow to sort out an order after agreeing on the price :)

Going for the spec I mentioned in my original post, expect that I've ticked the option for power driver's seat and not going for the sport pack anymore.

Sounds like I'll have to wait until September to actually get it though, so it's going to be a long few months until I get the keys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.