Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am still waiting for mine, I am curious to know how long people have been waiting for their V40 since they placed their order. I ordered mine on the 11th November with the last day to make any amendments being this Fri, the 4th Jan with a date of the 14th Feb for collection. I am also curious to know if this is a normal time frame. Look forward to your experiences.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered mine 16th November although I think the order was booked/acknowledged at factory on the Monday (19th). It arrived at dealers this morning and they need three working days before I collect. Midweek next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your order seems to be delayed ..... :S I ordered mine on the 3rd of December and tried to adjust the order 16th December but found out it had already gone into fixed build. Expecting delivery of the car in the third week of January :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow...they are fairly quick turnaround times. I think I need to pester my dealer a little more. Thanks for the reply. I will let you know what he says :(

Splashman, I see your from Cheshire, you never know.....we may pass one day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In France, i've ordered the car the last day of October, my car will arrive in the next days ...

It's a R-Design, the delay is longer than the others versions

·
Registered
31 Posts
After several e-mails to the dealer I finally know a little bit more.
My V40 is on the factory line now and is due to arrive at the dealership on the 29th of January (initially I was told middle of Jan).
I just hope there is no further changes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ordered mine in the end of December and talking to my dealer yesterday, he told me that the production of the nordic versions of the V40 R-design will start in Februrary, mine is set for last week in February and will be at my dealer in the end of March. According to my dealer, the nordic versions of the R-design has a different alternator and battery. Also the electrical wiring has a different cross section area than the "normal" European V40. I'm just like a kid on christmas eve, waiting for the gifts... I cant handle the waiting, actually... bah...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GlennTeg said:
Ordered mine in the end of December and talking to my dealer yesterday, he told me that the production of the nordic versions of the V40 R-design will start in Februrary, mine is set for last week in February and will be at my dealer in the end of March. According to my dealer, the nordic versions of the R-design has a different alternator and battery. Also the electrical wiring has a different cross section area than the "normal" European V40. I'm just like a kid on christmas eve, waiting for the gifts... I cant handle the waiting, actually... bah...
Will all the snow be gone by March?? Just thinking that driving a new car is twitchy anyway but to do it in snow!!!!! (not that I know if you have snow or not). There predicting snow for us in the next week or so and temperatures of around -5oC, if it does come... I just hope it has buggered off by the time I collect!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in the southern part of Norway, so the snow is not actually a problem. Right now its 10-20 cm, and -7C. I really hope it will be gone by the end of March. Would like to have the first drive with the Ixion 18" summer tyres and not the 18" Midir with winther tyres.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Love it! The idea of 10-20 cm of snow not being a problem.
That much would bring the UK to a complete halt.
We have much to learn ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone!:)

In Portugal I ordered mine in November 15th at the dealership and the car was delivered to the dealership in January 9th. The estimated time of arrival was December 20th ...:s I picked it last Saturday.:cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cavs said:
Hi everyone!:)

In Portugal I ordered mine in November 15th at the dealership and the car was delivered to the dealership in January 9th. The estimated time of arrival was December 20th ...:s I picked it last Saturday.:cool:
Nice :thumbup: & welcome ... and now .. you know what to do ?

Take some Photos ;) :p

best wishes
Nico

1 - 14 of 14 Posts