Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, a bit of a weird one for you guys... i cannot fathom it out whatsoever...
sat in my car waiting for the wife to finish work... after lifting foot from clutch car auto stops... has its supposed to do... all electrics running has normal...
i look at the time and its 4:00pm (on centre screen).... after a few minutes, the clock changes to 10:04am .... but the clock on my instrument panel still reads 4:02pm ....
i've reset the clock through 24 hours etc... still does it....
any idea why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you sure it doesn’t say 16.04 not 10.04 ? There is a possibility that it has changed automatically to the 24 hour system.
4.00pm would be 16.00 on the 24 hr system. Just a thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it doesn’t say 16.04 not 10.04 ? There is a possibility that it has changed automatically to the 24 hour system.
4.00pm would be 16.00 on the 24 hr system. Just a thought.
positive buddy... I was out the other morning dropping my wife at work... 6am... just for a laugh i thought i'd auto stop it to see what happens... after a minute or so... 12:04 came on the centre console screen... but still said 6:01 on the instrument panel.... it's really baffled me....
It's like the main brain is 6 hours behind the actual time....

·
Registered
7 Posts
1. Try Utube: type in ‘Clock Settings on Volvo Brand automobiles’ and watch what to do.
or 2. Go to My Car, then Settings, then System Settings, then Time Settings, Auto Time. You can also see Daylight saving and other things there.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What happens if you fully turn the car off with the button ( and not using start stop ). Does the clock still lose it's time zone? Perhaps on Startstop, the infortainment draws power from one power souce, and if usualy running engine, it draws one from another powersouce / brain? Also is your instrument panel the analogue or digital one? I have the analogue one, and I must admit, I never really look at the clock between my speedo, though I know it's there (I removed digital speed, so it now only shows clock).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happens if you fully turn the car off with the button ( and not using start stop ). Does the clock still lose it's time zone? Perhaps on Startstop, the infortainment draws power from one power souce, and if usualy running engine, it draws one from another powersouce / brain? Also is your instrument panel the analogue or digital one? I have the analogue one, and I must admit, I never really look at the clock between my speedo, though I know it's there (I removed digital speed, so it now only shows clock).
if i push the power button with clutch depressed, everything turns off except centre console (the one above gear stick) and i wait for about 1 minute and the clock changes time.... but on the instrument panel the time is exactly right....
it's baffled me so much i am not going to let it bother me... it keeps time whilst the vehicle is running... thats all that counts ;)
Thanks for the replies guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts