Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone of you guys ordered a removeable tow bar with your R-Design spec? I was considering getting one of those for use with Thule bike carrier but decided to wait a little as it can be fitted at a later date.
Dealer told me that there will have to be a cut-out in the lower part of the bumper which is covered by a plastic plate when the tow bar is detached.
I would be greatfull for some photos of what it looks like as I could not find any.
Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the detachable tow-bar (yet to be used...) on my V40 - not an R-Design, just a regular.

This is what the cover looks like:

I can see that the R-design have a different diffuser, so it will look different, but it's probably the same way it works.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Rafiki said:
Has anyone of you guys ordered a removeable tow bar with your R-Design spec?
There's a picture of the towbar and the cover in the Volvo V40 accessories "catalogue". http://tinyurl.com/cxgvbj2

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the Volvo Detachable tow bar on my D3SE lux. Easy to fit and remove, cover as in pic above. Only slight issue is that cover does seem to collect a little water.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Has anyone of you guys ordered a removeable tow bar with your R-Design spec? I was considering getting one of those for use with Thule bike carrier but decided to wait a little as it can be fitted at a later date.
Dealer told me that there will have to be a cut-out in the lower part of the bumper which is covered by a plastic plate when the tow bar is detached.
I would be greatfull for some photos of what it looks like as I could not find any.
Thanks.
Did you ever get it fitted at a later date and was it an easy job ?

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
I must say the BMW 3 series detachable towbar is very nice, completely behind the bumper, now cover nothing, looks like you have nothing when it is off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
VoodooBOB
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing