Volvo V40 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Oct 2019 V40 T2 R-design
3 Posts
After having a look at this thread I went to get a towbar fitted to my late 2016 r-design with grave concerns for her beautiful posterior. I was assured by the company doing the fitting that there would be no visible sign of the removable towbar being there.

They fitted a Tow-Trust vertical fitting detachable towbar, and the cut out was all in below the car. So no sign at all of it being there. I was highly impressed. So you can get a towbar fitted without damaging the look of your v40. And no plastic clip on trim cover involved at all. Picture of rear of the car, and the towbar electrics and mounting column from below. I will add pictures of the towbar in place at the weekend when I try it out for the first time.

·
Registered
Oct 2019 V40 T2 R-design
3 Posts
I will add pictures of the towbar in place at the weekend when I try it out for the first time.

Just some more pictures with the Tow-Trust towbar in place and with the bicycle rack on. Very pleased with the final outcome. Practicality of a towbar and still a beautiful V40 posterior.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Qscout, this is the same as mine, minimal trimming required for the electrics to swing down... good choice. Which bike carrier have you fitted, seems a minefield out there?

·
Registered
Oct 2019 V40 T2 R-design
3 Posts
Hey Qscout, Which bike carrier have you fitted, seems a minefield out there?
Yes lots of racks to choose from, and some shockingly expensive. I went for a Buzz Rack Eazzy 3. Was reasonably priced,had tilt facility so the boot lid can be opened with it in place, and folds up neatly for easy storage or fitting in the boot. Was reallyeasy to set up and attaches with just 2 handles to turn, no need for additional tools that can get lost. Very pleased with it. Also includes a built in cable lock to lock the bikes to the rack.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve got a 2013 v40 cross country with a removable tow bar that was fitted when the vehicle was ordered. Unfortunately when I cot the car the removable part was not present. Anyone got one lying around they would like to get rid of ..

Chris

41 - 45 of 45 Posts