Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to say the trip computer is virtually useless, quite easily the worst trip computer I've had.
A recent and consistent example is: yesterday had approx 215km to go.
Drove 30km that day and the same today in city driving, nothing erratic. trip computer today is down to 70km.
Rubbish!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you mean the km which you had to go with the remaining fuel?

So it could be normal because the city driving could cost a lot of more fuel than the driving before. The approx to go is a snap shot if you drive the remaining time under the same circumstances.

I can't say it's rubbish.

Maybe I have completely misunderstood your problem. In this case I have to say sorry. English isn't my native language.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the distance remaining. I take the same route to work everyday and my driving pattern is the same. The distance should theoretically drop by 60km to 155km remaining, not show 70km to empty.
My 2007 Nissan Elgrand is bang on target, no wild swings in normal driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ah...now I'm understanding. You drove 2x30km with the same driving pattern.

Have you got a V40 with a diesel engine with dpf? Sometimes the dpf is burning some ashes and in this mode the fuel consumption is a little bit higher than normal.

My driving pattern is every working day the same. Mixed of country roads and city driving (Berlin). The trip computer is working quite okay in my V40.

It's a D3 MY2014. Maybe there is a software update for your problem.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
My Mazda 3 was also more acurate, but my Volvo is not bad. I also sometimes have some jumps, but usually it show me a better figures. Last night I had 265km to go, after standing for almost 2 hours on an incline, it showed me 320km, this morning it was back on around 270km.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.