Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Volvo V40 D4 R-Design Polestar (2017)
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm so bored with the lock down that I decided to install an Amazon Echo Dot in my 2017 V40 D4 R-Design Polestar. It has Volvo on call with a SIM card, so, I'm using the internal WiFi hotpost for the Echo to be online. That bit is working, and the Echo is being fed by the USB plug in the centre arm rest compartment.

The problem is that I can't connect the Echo to the enternainment system throught Bluetooth. The Echo finds it, but then when I try to connect it says that it wasn't possible, without any specific error.

Does any of you know what might be going on? If the V40 had a line-in aux sterio input, I could use it. But it doesn't, so, Bluetooth seems to be my only option.

Thank you!

AP

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
It doesn't surprise me that you can't connect to the dot by Bluetooth, both Amazon and Google have set up their connected speakers so that only certain devices can connect to them. I had a similar problem trying to connect a Bluetooth speaker to my Google home to get music in another room.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There should be a Aux port beside the USB port
The Aux port is not present in all IAM levels so it could be absent, but this would be the smartest way to make it work.

The problem is that I can't connect the Echo to the enternainment system throught Bluetooth. The Echo finds it, but then when I try to connect it says that it wasn't possible, without any specific error.
A less smart way to do this would be connecting your Echo to a third party bluetooth transmitter via a p2 cable and then connect the assembly to your car. This will most likely cost you an USB port as the energy source.

ECHO ==p2 cable== TRANSMITTER ) ) ) bluetooth ( ( ( V40

1 - 4 of 4 Posts