Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Scandinavian explorer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Share my experiences) I did rica chip for 1.5 years ago.
In ideal conditions, made measurement (+15, 1/4 98 Benz, empty, tires 2.6 ATM):
  • rica (264/390): 100 — 5.8 sec (best, average 6,0), 200-25 sec (according to the GoDraggy device), maximum 240 km / h (screen)
  • stock (190/320): 100 — 7,2, 200 — 35 sec (on screen) max 210 km / h limited, I squeezed out 217 (screen)
I suppose with an intercooler DO88 it would be faster with 100 km/h))

·
Registered
246 Posts
When looking at the video, and counting the gear changes, it is the 6-speed auto gearbox?
No isues with the torque of 390Nm?
My tuner went to 374Nm. He reached 400 at the first tune, but the gearbox had a strange reaction, so he lowered the torque. HP is only 220.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice post! Intresting to read.
I have 220hp and 399nm on the dyno on my T4 2017 fwd.
With Do88 intercooler and polestar exhaust . Tune by Volvotune.
It's a manual transmission which I think 1st and 2nd gear are really limited in nm.
Did 250km/h though on the autobahn, little bit downhill and on competition 102 octane fuel ;)

·
Registered
Scandinavian explorer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When looking at the video, and counting the gear changes, it is the 6-speed auto gearbox?
No isues with the torque of 390Nm?
My tuner went to 374Nm. He reached 400 at the first tune, but the gearbox had a strange reaction, so he lowered the torque. HP is only 220.
I have aisin 8-speed auto gearbox. For AWD only. If I'm not mistaken, rated load 400 Nm.
At first, we downloaded wrong software for FWD (225HP/415Nm), there were no problems with gerabox. But there was an increased pressure and power limits when was very hot outside.

·
Registered
Scandinavian explorer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice post! Intresting to read.
I have 220hp and 399nm on the dyno on my T4 2017 fwd.
With Do88 intercooler and polestar exhaust . Tune by Volvotune.
It's a manual transmission which I think 1st and 2nd gear are really limited in nm.
Did 250km/h though on the autobahn, little bit downhill and on competition 102 octane fuel ;)
Nice speed!
Without technical improvements, I don't have more than 240 km/h. I don't need any more, tires V(240km/h)
I heard that the automatic gearbox 8 speed AWD in T4/T5 not the same in T6 AWD .
For "weak " engines there is gearbox? 1st and 2nd gear are limited in nm. So if you want put the motor vea T6 in T4/T5, then you need to put the gearbox from vea T6.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The manual gearbox can handle a lot more torque than the 6-speed geartronic.
According to the Drive-E factsheets published by Volvo for thier VEA engines, there are two versions of the M76 6-speed manual gearbox. A High Torque unit capable of 450Nm and a Medium Torque unit capable of 330Nm, which is 12kg lighter than the high-torque box and "developed for Volvo Cars medium torque applications". It similarly says that the 8-speed autobox is a high-torque unit, and the 6-speed auto box is used for medium-torque applications, although without providing any torque figures for either of the auto boxes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For the geartronic: 8-speed max torque is around 440Nm, 6-speed is around 300Nm. But these figures are maximum torque under constant maximum load. Who drives like that on public roads?

·
Registered
158 Posts
For the geartronic: 8-speed max torque is around 440Nm, 6-speed is around 300Nm. But these figures are maximum torque under constant maximum load. Who drives like that on public roads?
I think it must be higher for 8-speed GT. Two tuners with no warranty loss tune it higher than 440 Nm. Polestar tunes D4 to 450 Nm and Heico even to 480 Nm.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Polestar on the T5 8-speed only increase maximum torque from 350 to 400. But that's hardly a surprise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts