Volvo V40 Forums banner

Tyre Pressure

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  egb 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This may sound like a dumb question. But i was wondering if anyone know the recommended tyre pressure for Volvo V40 D2 car? The car was made in 2015.

I just don't understand the label near the car door.

#4 ·
I use a 12v compressor which plugs into the car's 12v lighter socket, it also has a pressure gauge.

I always keep it in the car so if I get a problem I can put some air in the tyre and drive to a safe place to change the wheel or even to a tyre shop.

#8 ·
I carry something like that in both our cars, very handy and a full check is very quick.

I think the anti-ad comment was for the following post by Wrike!

Reactions: hullu
#6 ·
No, you can't check it on the dashboard. The TPM only registers 3 colours green (good) yellow (check) red (CHECK NOW!)

If you need the actual pressure you will need a tyre pressure gauge, like the one @hullu suggested.

#12 ·
We have a 15 plate V40 so the label reads,

top line tyre pressure in KPA, (PSI), refer to the manual, speed in KM, the 3 passengers or 5 with luggage

the cars 4 tyres, the tyres rating, (225/50R17) speed 0 -160 km 3 passengers, rear 230(33psi) front240(35psi 5 Pas + lug ,rear 260(38 psi), front 260(38psi)

ECO driving 0 - 160km, 3 pas, rear 260(38psi), , 260(38psi), 5 pas +lug, rear 260(38psi, front 260(38psi)

car with space saver tyre max speed 0-80 km

and dont forget to DO NOT exceed the tyre speed rating if you consistently go faster think about up rated to a faster rated tyre

Attachments

#14 ·
I usually put mine to 35/36PSI all round and happy. Once it drops to about 32/33 PSI i pump them up again. I have a handheld air pressure thing, so I know haha!

#15 ·
we have a my15 v40 r d2 lux for 5 years and have run the Michelins at 33 psi since new. far better ride with the sport chassis which came with the d2 at the time and tyres lasted for 20,ooo mls f/b with 2.5 mm left on all tyres bar one front which had uneven ware down to 1.5 mm, this was in stark contrast to the first v40 cc we had for just 8 months fitted with another make and run on eco setting, the car had just 4,ooo mls and the front tyres just 4mm on front rear 7mm,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.