Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am experiencing with my 6 months old Volvo 40 factory fitted summer tyres (205 55 R16 on Mannan) significant drops of pressure on monthly basis. E.g. from 2,3 bar to even 2,0 in a quite short time period (does not depend on the atmosphere temp). On my previously owned cars pressure was stable even for the whole season. Does anybody have similar experience?

In addition when I inflate tires to 2.3 bar, car gets very firm and I can feel each pit and bump, followed by rattle from front suspensions. When pressure drops to 2,2 or 2,1 car is much softer and there is no rattle anymore. But manual says 2,3 bar....:huh:

Br,
L

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check my tyres on a Sunday morning, Never had any loss of pressure in the 7 months I have had it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Never had a problem with losing tyre pressure. Checked regularly but always close to what they were a few weeks previously. Can't imagine why you are having a problem, but firstly I would go to a garage and inflate them to around 4 - 5 bar, then let the pressure back to 2.3. May close a leak in the seal between tyre and wheel.

·
Registered
382 Posts
When I first had mine I had a significant pressure loss in one wheel. Turned-out to be a fracture in the alloy. New Ixion supplied and since then have had almost no loss at all.

My Michelin's will need changing soon (18k now). A chap I was talking to in the pub mentioned that his Passat was much quieter after he had some German tyres fitted by a place called 'Supertyres'. He didn't have the car with him and couldn't remember the brand but can anyone enlighten me please?

The tyre noise on ordinary roads is the one thing that gets me down in the Lovely V.

·
Registered
729 Posts
differences in tire noise vary massively between brand and even between types of the same brand. I used to drive Michelin energy's on my old V50. They are rockhard and stay good forever and ever. However they almost make a clattering noise. Switched to some Goodyears (dont ask which type, too long ago) and the difference was night and day. Most tire tests have road noise as one of the criteria, so just look those up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.