Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to fit new set of tyres to Inscription T2 auto. Car is for my wife. Needs quiet comfort rather than performance.
Model standard 17" wheels.
Thinking either Goodyear Eff Grip 2 or Dunlop equivalent.

Any experience / advice welcomed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
A few weeks I have bought these: Continental AllSeasonContact 225/45 R17 94W
Good comfort but also good performance in all conditions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently fit 4 x Goodyear Eff Grip 2 to a 2017 V40 CC Pro T3 Auto. These were recommended by tyrereviews.co.uk in multiple tests this year. The comfort is better than what was there before (seller had almost bald Contis plus newer Landsail tyres). I have also been impressed with the safety when travelling at speed through standing water, better than Conti Sports I had fitted to a previous car. Unless you regularly drive in snow, I'd recommend the Goodyear Eff Grip 2.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have also fit Goodyear Eff Grip 2 in my V40 CC Momentum T3 Auto (MY18) replacing the factory fitted Continental. The first impressions are that they are very good ( quiter, more comfortable ) . Not testing yet in wet road .

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 17" Michelin Cross Climate plus tyres on my 2014 CC.

They're a great tyre in normal use, and excellent when the temperature drops compared to the Dunlop sport tyres I used to use.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Another vote here for Michelin CrossClimate Plus.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I recently got 4 of these for the winter
they were great value for money, not too noisy, very grippy in the wet (not had any snow yet)

for summer I have used these
I found they were quieter than the standard tyres, great in summer, but a bit hairy on snow covered roads in the depths of a Scottish winter

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
37 Posts
I also think the same as some users, Good Efficient Grip are a good choice for your needs. A quiet and smooth tyres.
In my experience i have Continental ContiSport Contact 6 in 17'' and it's great for grip, handling and more sporty driving, not the case, perhaps a tip (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts