Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Mark from West Yorkshire and I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my first new car in nearly 8 years! I agonised over which car to buy for months. Fingers crossed I made the right choice.

I ordered a D4 R Design Lux Nav back in November. White.

I went for the winter & sports packs along with the panoramic roof, 18" Ixions, DAB, Premium Sound and rear sensors.

Car should be here in a few weeks but I have opted to wait until March for delivery.

I am spending far too much time on here waiting for new posts of the R Design while I am waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Awesome spec congrats on the order, waiting sucks so badly! what are u driving at the moment?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am not good at waiting.

Driving a a VW Polo at the moment which I have had for what seems like a lifetime after a series of hot hatch Fords prior to fatherhood.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've Order my V40 late August, was told delivery due Early november and now changed to Mid December. They have told me that they have had a high demand and are making changes to the 2015 order which i think includes an updated infotainment system.

I have ordered the V40 D4 R-Design Lux Nav in Sap Black (manual) with upgades of Heated Front (Winter pack) inc heated BACK seats, Harmon Kardon Sound with Remote.

I test drove the D4 177 version as they had no 190's instock, loved the power of it and the economy was good. I cant wait to have the newer engine and better economy, no other cars can match this (its in it's own class - engine that is). I've heard that they have designed the engine ready for an electric plug in for future models. That would be great to see one day (maybe my next car from this).

I'm hoping to buy the company car after the 3 years (of heavy depreciation) as i have customised it to what i would want.

Can't wait to get it :) - long wait tho

FYI - Test drove the A-Class AMG kit, love the looks but the engine is very bad (200 CDI). Felt slow when compared to the V40 177 D4 but economy was good. Dial's look cartoony being large and compared to the volvo TFT screen it looks very dated.

My second car i tested was the BMW 220D Auto Msport - Great car but dont really like the interior, looks boring. It's probably me - i love digital displays. You can't go wrong with the BMW but the economy is far from the new D4 190 plus it has less power (the BMW Auto is great tho). I would have gone for this but i would have to pay alot more out of my pocket with lower kit. The V40 with the power and economy and more kit costing less made my overall decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts