Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
250 miles today, A3/M25/A1 and return. Only saw two V40s, although there may have been one or two going the other way.
A white one (13 reg) passed me going north on the A1M just before J16, and shortly afterwards a red one came the other way towards Norman Cross after I had come off the A1.
Where are you all?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Could have been me that you saw. I took the opposite route - A1, M25, A3 and return, little less than 250 miles. I thought I glimpsed a V40 (something dark, blue or grey?) coming the other way on M25 this afternoon, otherwise no other V40s.

Thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I finally dared to attack a corner or two up the A1, the car was absolutely glued to the road. The D2 engine still amazes me, it pulls way better than it should considering the size and nominal power. And every time I looked at average consumption, I shed a tear of joy - 65 mpg /4.4 l/100km mostly with cruise control set at slightly over 70 mph.

As I discussed with my SO, there is a serious downside to all this perfection. For example, we'll never want a car without BLIS again. ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there are others out there. I was on the M25 going a/c about 7pm. I don't quite achieve 65mpg. Managed 57mpg yesterday, and 51mpg overall since I got it 5000 miles ago. But then I went for the D3 as I needed the bit extra for when I am towing the racing dinghy, and I must admit to using it sometimes :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
3 in my area

We now have 3 in our area.

Mine in Ice White, a Rebel Blue R-Design and a Passion Red one. The other two both have no model designation on the rear.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I live in Folkestone, Kent and to my horror, saw the first Rebel Blue R-Design last week in 5 months! Seen the odd one or two pass in the opposite direction, but have yet to actually draw up alongside anybody else's R design...people still comment on the colour and car and care not that i'm stood beside it...I sort of hope this exclusivity continues, but equally as a newbie to Volvo, want it to take Volvo onto the next level. Cheers

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw a 13 reg Red one on the 259 in Emsworth today.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Emsworth... just down the road from where I saw the red one (Havant) could be the same one !

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have to agree V40's are still pretty rare....saw around 4 on a 800+ mile return journey to Scotland last week from SE England!

It'll be interesting to see the official V40 sales figures for the UK. I seem to recall reading somewhere Volvo's own target was 12,000 for the UK in 2013.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Australian View

Imagine what it's like in Australia! I'm hoping they stay fairly rare and the BMW/Golf etc. boring clones continue to dominate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well my opinion is that I much prefer it that way, I drive 100 mile every day on m-way and every second knob head you see driving like a self absorbed egotistical **** is in a BMW or Audi so lets keep it that way. Quality not quantity

·
Registered
196 Posts
A few around here, one or two in Rebel Blue, a few SE models etc. too. Still not loads, and most drivers seem to give others a good look too, kind of kin ship :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
A few around here, one or two in Rebel Blue, a few SE models etc. too. Still not loads, and most drivers seem to give others a good look too, kind of kin ship :)
He he this is so true. I was in Southsea today, saw a really dark one - possibly black, and a light grey colour one. Both gave mine the once over while I gave theirs the same. The knowing look :sleepy:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I have only seen 4 new V40 around my area and to work and back in since I have mine. Dealers say they are selling a lot of them, but I haven't seen any evidence of this. Seen plenty of new Golf GTi 7's around, and they haven't even been a month on the road.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have only seen 4 new V40 around my area and to work and back in since I have mine. Dealers say they are selling a lot of them, but I haven't seen any evidence of this. Seen plenty of new Golf GTi 7's around, and they haven't even been a month on the road.
Now seen a total of 7 different V40's, latest being a Flamenco Red this afternoon on the A3M northbound.

Total VW 7 GTi ? 0.:huh:
Total VW 7 GTD ? 0.:huh:
Total VW Golf 7 of other flavours ... too many to record, at least 4-5 per day.

·
Registered
202 Posts
And to think I only 'discovered' the V40 in March this year I've only seen about 6 on the roads up until today.
Then I get mine and I see 2 today and one was in my works car park! A visitor I think.

·
Registered
221 Posts
And to think I only 'discovered' the V40 in March this year I've only seen about 6 on the roads up until today.
Then I get mine and I see 2 today and one was in my works car park! A visitor I think.
Ha ha, I know the feeling. Prior to getting mine I had only ever seen 1 other. Now I am seeing more and more of them on the road.:dodgy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw a transporter driving through Dundee today with four V40s on it, and 5 minutes later got an email telling me mine would arrive on the 15th. Two weeks early & I'm still paying for my current car until 1st October. Decisions, decisions ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I see more & more floating around Gloucestershire (not literally of course!).

I'm no longer unique :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts