Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Have had D3 SE for a couple of weeks now. Loving it except for an annoying undercarriage rattle when the doors shut. Seems to be intermittent, although I am suspecting it only happens when the ambient temp is cold (10 deg c and below). When any of the doors or the boot is shut a rattle/reverberation can be easily heard, emanating from the undercarriage at the back near the rear wheel. It happens on both near- and off-side of the car. I've had it on a ramp but can't locate the problem. I'm gonna take it to my local dealer at the weekend. I know it's a relatively small issue but detracts from the quality. Anyone else had a similar issue?

·
451 Posts
sjbillingham said:
Hi All,
Have had D3 SE for a couple of weeks now. Loving it except for an annoying undercarriage rattle when the doors shut. Seems to be intermittent, although I am suspecting it only happens when the ambient temp is cold (10 deg c and below). When any of the doors or the boot is shut a rattle/reverberation can be easily heard, emanating from the undercarriage at the back near the rear wheel. It happens on both near- and off-side of the car. I've had it on a ramp but can't locate the problem. I'm gonna take it to my local dealer at the weekend. I know it's a relatively small issue but detracts from the quality. Anyone else had a similar issue?
Most probably smthng is wrong with the fittings of the exhaust pipe. Anyway, I noticed also that low ambient temperatures cause similar problems . After some time the engine is on and the car gets hotter, it is more silent also. And notice, this is true in Greece, where temperatures below 10 C rarely appeared up to now !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're probably right. It has that hallow exhausted pipe sound to it, hopefully the dealer can fix it. Like you say, in Greece not much of a problem, but in the UK we'll have plenty of cold days so I'll want it fixed!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would live to revive the above now more of you have your new cars. I still get this noise and the volvo garage can't seem to find a problem. The noise is intermittent and decided to stop when at the garage (typical!).

Any of you experience the same thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts