Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 2 week old V40 down a suburban road by a rubbish dump. Not quite as "glamorous" as some of the beautiful pictures of V40s amongst the Alps posted here, lol. (I have my V40 so I'm almost there...? Lol)

I arrived at my destination (by a small lake - slightly nicer? lol) to be horrified by what I saw on my left hand wheels and all over the wheel arches.

White paint everywhere! All over my Rebel Blue paintwork !! :-( Wheels coated in it and insides of wheel arches white instead of black!

It was kind of half-dried, so when I scratched with my nail it sort of flaked off. Panicked, I drove off to the nearest hand car wash with human car cleaners! Explained what had happened, and instantly 6 or 7 guys were furiously scrubbing and jet spraying with brushes, cloths, cleaning solutions, you name it.

After about half an hour, car looked (nearly) good as new, except for quite a lot of (tiny) white paint dots on the back of the car. I was really grateful for their hard work as I would have never removed it on my own.

Took me a good hour to scratch off the tiny dots (with my nail!! cloth didnt work) but now my poor V40 is looking good as new again!

Moral of the story - watch where you are driving.... :-/

·
Registered
945 Posts
White spirit for the next occasion, it has happened to me a couple of times, the first time our lass parked at work and the muppets decided to paint the fence next to her brand new civic type r, leaving hundreds of tiny splash marks all over it, the white spirit sorted it otherwise we were looking at a full respray.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.