Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit of a strange accident in our V40CC earlier this week, which damaged the OSF wing.

Undertaking a three point turn and unintentionally ran over a few flattish stones at the verge side. Appears one of these flipped up and lodged between the tyre and wheel arch liner, which resulted in the liner being torn out and as it did this, the rear of the wing was pulled inwards by about 2 to 3 inches due to a liner to wing attachment point :surprise:

Awaiting the local Volvo approved bodyshop to get back with the cost to repair the damage.

So take care as to what you run over, the V40CC appears a little more fragile than you would hope/expect.

Ed.

·
Registered
772 Posts
O dear that's a bit of bad luck to say the least, thought mine was bad enough having to have a new sill after just scraping a plank of wood in a car park, but do remember one member some time ago taking the sump off after driving up a rocky lane, really does make you wonder what cars are made of now compared to the rust buckets we used to drive but could manage off road mainly without damage. :frown2:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update; body shop say the wing is too distorted to successfully repair, so needs replacing along with the shredded wheel arch liner. Thankfully no other damage, however a bill of £900 without involving insurance.

Think for the first time in 33 years I may let the insurer pick up a good part of this one.

Ed

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To conclude this incident; had the car repaired by Minstergate Hyundai in Hull, who are strangely one of the regional approved Volvo bodyshops.

Took a bit of sorting on their part, as my insurer was wanting their approved outfit to do the work and were slow giving authorisation to Minstergate, which they did most of the chasing up.

Pleased I insisted this bodyshop did the work, as its by far the best car body repair I've ever seen, cannot tell the wing has been replaced, paint match and spray pattern is as close to the original as you can get and I understand the new wing was sprayed off car prior to final fitting, so no evidence of over-spray either.

Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Ed

Reactions: peanut

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really? Is it a coincidence? I got into a similar situation a couple of days ago. Well, I was worried about vandals, accidents, but I never thought that stones could break my car ...I didn't even know how to ask. Is a stone caught in a wheel considered an insured event? Well, seriously, it's not my fault. I am currently negotiating with an insurance agency, but they do not want to give me money for repairs. I decided to hire a los Angeles car crash attorney to win the case. If a rock hits a car or disrupts the operation of the vehicle system, it is clearly interpreted as a traffic accident, so I think it is possible to prove that nature is to blame. Let's see how it ends ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Really? Is it a coincidence? I got into a similar situation a couple of days ago. Well, I was worried about vandals, accidents, but I never thought that stones could break my car ...I didn't even know how to ask. Is a stone caught in a wheel considered an insured event? Well, seriously, it's not my fault. I am currently negotiating with an insurance agency, but they do not want to give me money for repairs. I decided to hire a los Angeles car crash attorney to win the case. If a rock hits a car or disrupts the operation of the vehicle system, it is clearly interpreted as a traffic accident, so I think it is possible to prove that nature is to blame. Let's see how it ends ...
Why don't you try to sue God while you're at it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts