Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the first upgrade DVD (set of 4) that comes with the RTI system last week and now installing the whole thing.. Takes 5:45 hours.. :confused:

But luckily the install is pauzed when you park. And goes further when you go drive to work the next day so at least that's a good thing.

But almost 6 hour that's out of this time. You would think put it on a USB and install it from there..

So DVD 3 no installing so mid next week I hope it will be done.

Downside off course is you can't use the navigation system during the update. So for people depending on it would be hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too was surprised (shocked !) to hear how long it took when reading the instructions. Have opted to ask the garage to upgrade while the car is in for its regular service. Let's hope that Volvo finds a more efficient way to upgrade in future systems and models.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
What is RTI system?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Navigation system from Volvo.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Ah, I see. I have Google Maps on my Galaxy Note 2 :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just a quick question please folks.
Does the "learning" (e.g. from private roads, new road conditions or preferred routes) get erased when you update the RTI?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about that.
But my favorites (locations) where still in the system.. Was afraid that they might be erased that they where still in the system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Started updating myself this week and it irritates me that they didn't put the status screen in de upper bar so that I can use my radio and such. I have almost finished CD2 and already had a couple of 'issues'. At the beginning he lost contact with my phone and after that just stopped updating and this morning he wouldn't continue the update. I had to remove the disc, stop the car, restart the car en insert the disc again. Anyone else had problems like this?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luckily it all went smooth of me the installation.

And there is off course a warning that some things might not work fully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts