Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read it on the official Volvo site for Greece. (www.volvocars.gr). Upgrade from 5'' to 7'' inch screen is now available, but only for cars equipped with High Performance systems (simple Performance is excluded). Can anyone having the technical knowledge explain this to me, before I ask at the dealer? I can't see any "reasonable" reason ! Anyway, does this happen in other countries as well, e.g. U.K. ? (two questions :blush:)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Also not sure why you need the high performance audio just to have a bigger, it isn't as if the screen is now going to produce louder music. Mine came with the 7 inch screen, when you now see a 5 inch screen, it looks so tiny.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looking at the Accessory website installation instructions for the 7" screen it states it needs Infotainment level 2 which is the High Performance. The connectors on the back of the screen unit are a straight swap, so I imagine the non-High performance back end unit cannot support the resolution of the 7" screen or the connectors aren't compatible ( i.e there maybe 2 different spec 5" screens employed)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.