Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello team!!
Doe's anybody know what probably means that usb goes to ICM ?? on the electric diagram (refers to performance sound system)

Schematic Font Rectangle Technical drawing Parallel

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm not sure if it can be retrofitted if you don't have performance audio.

It is used as an iPod/phone/ connector, as well as USB mass storage for music and finally for updating the satnav

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if it can be retrofitted if you don't have performance audio.

It is used as an iPod/phone/ connector, as well as USB mass storage for music and finally for updating the satnav
But I have performance audio:aux only,two speakers only on front doors,no bluetooth,no usb,no amplifier...I think that's performance.
That's why I wonder what's that USB is...

·
Registered
514 Posts
iirc the performance audio had all the things you mention (eg multiple speakers, amp, dab etc)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iirc the performance audio had all the things you mention (eg multiple speakers, amp, dab etc)
4 specifications levels of infotainment equipment:

Level 0 - Performance (Radio/CD/Aux, 5" screen, integrated amp)
Level 1 - High Performance (Radio/CD/USB/Bluetooth, 5" screen, 4-channel AUD amp module)
Level 2 - High Performance Multimedia/Nav (Radio/DVD/HDD/USB/Bluetooth, 7" screen, 4-channel AUD amp module)
Level 3 - Premium (Radio/DVD/HDD/USB/Bluetooth, 7" screen, 5-channel AUD amp module)

·
Registered
101 Posts
But I have performance audio:aux only,two speakers only on front doors,no bluetooth,no usb,no amplifier...I think that's performance.
That's why I wonder what's that USB is...
The USB connection in Performance audio is for updating the unit only by Volvo service..

·
Registered
101 Posts
You're killing me....
Are you sure?cause on the same wiring diagram when refers to premium audio seems that usb goes on IAM not ICM.
The audio system ''Level 0 - Performance (Radio/CD/Aux, 5" screen, integrated amp)'' was the basic audio unit and does not include usb for music. The premium systems (Level 1 - Level 3) have USB for music that's why is connected to IAM unit..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The audio system ''Level 0 - Performance (Radio/CD/Aux, 5" screen, integrated amp)'' was the basic audio unit and does not include usb for music. The premium systems (Level 1 - Level 3) have USB for music that's why is connected to IAM unit..
I see...now I get it...thanks for the explanation at least answer me please to that (καθώς βλέπω είσαι έμπειρος και γνώστης)(I think we discussed that on another post).if I have already done the ITP off, may I change the 5 screen to a 7 one?and it has to be specific version with number HWN 31357076 vertical on it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I see...now I get it...thanks for the explanation at least answer me please to that (καθώς βλέπω είσαι έμπειρος και γνώστης)(I think we discussed that on another post).if I have already done the ITP off, may I change the 5 screen to a 7 one?and it has to be specific version with number HWN 31357076 vertical on it?
Yes that is correct.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts