Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Just got my V40 and love it! In Rebel Blue and RDesign.

I have been playing with the multimedia and worked most out but hit a problem with the USB. I have formatted the USB to Fat 32.

What video file formats will load? I would like to take some of my movies on the road so I don't need to take DVDs in the car. Is it Avi, MPEG? mov?

It does't seem to pick them up just says reading DVD. I got it working once but not since.

Help much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ollywood, according to the downloadable iphone manual for the v40 CC, compatible formats for the USB are.

Audio - mp3, wma, aac and m4a.
Video - divx, avi and asf

Thats a little confusing as I believe that divx is basically avi. The .asf format appears to be a windows media format. I'm pretty sure I tested it when we first got our CC that .mp4 also worked with video. I might see if I can find a .mkv file somewhere and see how it copes with a higher definition file. Has anyone seen any info relation to the resolution of the media screen?

Stagger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya

Thanks for your reply. For some reason I put the USB as FAT32 and converted from MKV to DIVX format and it just said usb not readable. Very odd! I got one working with the audio out of sync but not a full movie.

It might be perhaps that DVD is the only way...just a shame :( as most of my movies are digital and be nice to get onto a stick though I fear a lot of converting needed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi guys,

I just found that thread and I want to share some interesting thing that I found.
My V40 is MY2018 with Sensus Connect, 7'' display and High Performance audio. I tried to put some video files to USB memory and it looks that my Sensus Connect does not recognize them. I put some AVI, DIVX and M4V videos, just to test it. It does not even list the video files on the USB stick. It shows and plays only audio files.
Here are screen shots of SensusConnect/Sensus manuals for MY2018:

Sensus Connect:
http://imgur.com/a/7s6Va

"Just" Sensus:
http://imgur.com/a/EeOQI

As you see in the tables for supported video formats - Sensus Connect does not support video, but "just" Sensus supports DIVX, AVI and ASF formats... Why is this difference?

I also tried to play video with my iPhone trough Bluetooth and iPad interface, also without success. It plays only the sound, but without video.

Please, share your experience with video formats and is it possible or not? Maybe I do not do things right...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.