Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

First post so please bear with me.....

I have a 2013 V40 2.0d, I have an intermittent starting issue that I can’t pin point! on occasion it will not start and I get a clicking noise from what sounds like the engine bay area! so my initial thoughts are Battery and then poss starter motor!...…..both have now been charged / checked & changed and to my disappointment the intermittent fault continues!

if I were to attempt to describe the sound it is a "classic dead battery" type clicking...……..power down a few times and she starts and off we go.....

Any help or advise on where to start / diagnose this would be much appreciated

Thanks all....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning all,

First post so please bear with me.....

I have a 2013 V40 2.0d, I have an intermittent starting issue that I can’t pin point! on occasion it will not start and I get a clicking noise from what sounds like the engine bay area! so my initial thoughts are Battery and then poss starter motor!...…..both have now been charged / checked & changed and to my disappointment the intermittent fault continues!

if I were to attempt to describe the sound it is a "classic dead battery" type clicking...……..power down a few times and she starts and off we go.....

Any help or advise on where to start / diagnose this would be much appreciated

Thanks all....
Hi @potter260 I'm having the same issue with my 2016 V40 d2. Click noise sometimes while trying to start my car and need to fully recharge the battery with a charger.
Also and very weird my start / stop function is always available meaning that the car goes into start / stop and then is not able to restart.
Main battery is brand new to spec, and I checked with a obd reader that the alternator ir charging the battery.

Did you manage to solve your problem? Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts