Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Have been a follower for some time, awaiting delivery of my V40. Well it came on Tuesday, ordered end of May and was at the dealers end of June. Looking at some of the threads, seems they must have been on the same boat!
Well was excited to get my r-design with the usual upgrades. Its a company car so pretty relaxed about it all. Dealer requested delivery for last Friday , oh yes i thought , then they said they couldn't get the delivery company to come on Fridays, so Tuesday it was. Well delivery time 9-12, this came and went, then a call at 6 pm were here outside! Oh well i thought worth the wait. Then came the words 'sorry i was late was trying to scrap the bird muck off your car'.
Oh yes you guessed it, scratches, hazing, scrapes. Seems this idiot decided to dry wipe bird muck and dirt off with any oily rag and has ruined the bonnet and roof and sides.
So car provider called, photos sent. I'm awaiting a response as to what to do.
But on a brighter note - i love it, D4 got plenty of grunt, inside is luxury. Changed from a Mazda 6 sport, which on many occasion let me down. We don't talk about the 6 times in 1 day the RAC man visited me less than 4 miles from home!
Oh and i have the same issue with the Performance dials being red not blue. May be a change to 2014 spec , as does have DAB radio.
But yes overall very pleased, just need to get the paint sorted so she can look her best.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh and i have the same issue with the Performance dials being red not blue. May be a change to 2014 spec , as does have DAB radio.
But yes overall very pleased, just need to get the paint sorted so she can look her best.
You guys are freaking me out, I want those dials to be blue !:s:s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. How did you go? Did they repair the surface? It's really important to treat bird poo properly. I just made the same rookie mistake. Had to clay bar the car and apply some wax back on the surface to fix it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.