Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been through every menu and concluded this isn't a feature unless someone can point out the error of my ways.....

I have my V40 set to auto lock the doors when I move, which it does. When I finally open the driver's door I want it to unlock all doors automatically. All my cars have done this for years. Am i missing something?
thanks
Rob

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
robathome said:
I've been through every menu and concluded this isn't a feature unless someone can point out the error of my ways.....

I have my V40 set to auto lock the doors when I move, which it does. When I finally open the driver's door I want it to unlock all doors automatically. All my cars have done this for years. Am i missing something?
thanks
Rob
If you open the driver's door by the handle, it does not open all other doors, which remain locked.
If you want to unlock all doors at once, you have to use the double-button switch on the door (the one nearest to the windscreen). You miss nothing, Volvo did it this way !:-/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually when I think about it my old car, a Passat CC, unlocked the doors when the engine was powered off, which was a good feature and one I wish Volvo would implement as an option too.

I must have got out my car 20 times and forgotten that button every time!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Beleive it is a setting to open all doors or just the driver door

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patrick the option you refer to is what the key does from outside - unlock just the driver's door or all 4. There isn't an option for all doors to unlock when the Stop button is pressed, unfortunately

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
robathome said:
Actually when I think about it my old car, a Passat CC, unlocked the doors when the engine was powered off, which was a good feature and one I wish Volvo would implement as an option too.

I must have got out my car 20 times and forgotten that button every time!
Forgetting to press the button and opening the door by the handle, does not do any harm to the mechanism (I believe !). It only does harm to my psychology, as the feeble resistance from the handle (it succumbs at last, of course) makes me feel I am violating it !:rolleyes:
I am also forgetting it all the time, hope we shall get used to it in the long run !

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same pain and checked with the dealer if they could change that setting in order to behave the following way: when i open the driver's door, all doors become unlocked.
Answer: not possible.
Result: I had to turn off that option.

I just got tired of getting out of the car, trying to open the back door to get my baby out, return inside the car to unlock the door, and finally being able to open the back door... it was driving mad. Unfortunately, now I just drive with all doors unlocked by default.

All the cars i previously had behaved this way (Focus, Megane, Passat, Insignia) and I just can't understand why Volvo just doesn't pay attention to these simple but major details.

·
Registered
44 Posts
safety man
Car Hijacking
kids...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is even worse...for whatever reason when I switch my engine off I have to manually push the unlock button on the door panel in order to open the driver’s door otherwise it will just stay locked and none of the doors would open from the inside.
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Twisterptk,

I would get that looked at, it sounds as if the car is activating the deadlocks - something it should only do when locked via the key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts