Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
So if it wasn't the clutch and slave cylinder, what was it then? The DMF?
I've been in Sweden for vacation and showed my D3 to a Volvo dealership near Göteborg (didn't make it to Torslanda, though), they said my noises (see other thread) seem to be fine. They said there are very few problems with DMFs in the V40 and most of the cases they have are cars with plenty of miles on the clock..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m guessing as I had the clutch and slave replaced earlier this year and the groan returned after a few days then now have the same done again plus DMF replaced too and the issue (touch wood!) has been clear for over 2 weeks, I suspect the DMF was something to do with it albeit only at 30k miles. In any case the perseverance and pressure on Volvo has worked, I have no embarrassing groan upon pulling away anymore and am happy as it’s not cost me a penny ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My two cents (with my bad English, sorry for that): I purchased a MY2014 D2 with 95k km earlier this year and I noticed the infamous clutch moan. Long story short, I have it changed (along with the double mass flywheel, according to the invoice) at the local Volvo service under warranty and it looked like the problem was finally gone (late June). Nonetheless, a few weeks later the moaning noise came up again when pulling away after cold starts and when parking or driving in slow traffic. I recently called the same Volvo service and told them about it and they scheduled an appointment in January.

Here below the list of the spare parts they claim to have replaced (according to codes):

• Radial oil seal, Differential x2
  • slave clutch cylinder x1
  • clutch kit x1
  • brake fluid x1
  • flywheel bolt x6
  • DM flywheel x1
  • transmission oil x2 lt

I'll keep you updated guys.
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update: I just took back my car from Volvo service for the infamous bellowing clutch. They basically told me as follows:

• It's a common issue on the PSA D2 engines up to late 2014 models;
  • We will replace the clutch again under warranty on the previous work;
  • If you were to pay real money I would discourage you to replace the clutch as the noise will be probably come back;
  • the clutch noise per se it's not a serious issue

So they will replace my clutch and whatnot on February, 3.

I'll let you know as soon as I have any noteworthy update on this issue.

Have a nice day fellas.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts