Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

could anyone please help me to fix my cars stereo. I have a v40 d2 14 and the CD player doesn’t show any signs of being alive even the display wasn’t working but I replaced it with a used one which I bought it from eBay. Now the the display turns on but stuck on “Navigation please wait” car makes all other kind of sounds eg. Car ignition on and no seat belt fastened but no audio. Tried to put a cd in the player but it won’t accept. I have been to Volvo dealer but they saying they will charge me about hundred quid for diagnosis to find the fault and then it will be 600-800 pound to replace the multimedia system.

Does anyone know what could be the fault ? Is it software ? If it’s software then I can book my car at volvo and get it fixed for that 100 quid but if the CD player is faulty then I can buy a used one like the display. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pretty certain it will be tied to the car that it was originally fitted in and is not working because the security check fails now it is in a different vehicle. It will need recoding to your car. I'm not sure if that is something that a Volvo dealer can do through VIDA. They may only be able to code new (virgin) units that have not previously been programmed to a vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply but I haven’t changed the Navi/DvD player the only thing thing was changed is display and as far I know it’s more like plug and play thing ..

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thank you for your reply but I haven’t changed the Navi/DvD player the only thing thing was changed is display and as far I know it’s more like plug and play thing ..
I believe the same situation applies. Have a read through this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.