Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long wait today was finally pickup day!

I would like to say how lovely all the staff at Lloyd Volvo Carlisle were, from the sales person to the service manager they were all so friendly, helpful and generally enthusiastic about my purchase!

The sales guy spent plenty of time going through the features of the car and I certainly felt like I knew how to use the computer system before I left!

Some pics! Sorry about the messy drive, we're having some garden work done and it's a mess at the moment!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cool, I got mine today too!! I love the colour, I had Rebel blue cos I fell in love with it when I saw it, but I like the red too would of had red if the rebel blue hadn't been an option! Done many miles yet, what do you think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only done about 15 miles so far, hoping to do a longer drive at the weekend to fully appreciate it. Am also doing the family food shop tomorrow so will be interesting to see how that fits in the boot!

Colour choice was down to Rebel blue or Red but once I got up close to the Rebel Blue I just didn't connect with it the way I did with the red, however I happened to see one of each in the R Design side by side at the dealer and they are both stunning, not much in it really!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to add the spec we chose:

* R-Design in Passion Red
* Tinted windows
* Power drivers seat
* Cruise Control
* Winter Pack
* Rear park assist

·
Registered
196 Posts
Finally been allowed a drive today ;)

The D2 engine continues to amaze me! It really shouldn't feel this good given the book performance figures, so long as you keep in the power band it really pulls nicely. It's really quiet, though you need to be careful with the gears, 4th at 30mph works if you're cruising but it has no power to pull off fast, 3rd is much better.

Audio quality is lovely, though we're still trying to work out how to get USB audio to play the tracks of an album in the correct order - we've already tagged the files with the right sequence, and tried re-naming the files to start with the correct number, all with no joy - shame, as all our other MP3 devices play the tracks in the correct order without problem...very strange!

Seats are great too, supportive and sporty, neither of us have struggled to find a good position. The memory seat option works great, 3 saves available, though a little shame it doesn't adjust door mirrors but hey ho, they're easy enough to adjust.

The sports chassis is also very nicely balanced. I've got a decent setup on my own Astra and the V40 feels very similar - perhaps a little better around town than my Astra, but very taught on corners :)

So far so good, it's a very nice car to be in and to drive :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

The D2 engine continues to amaze me! It really shouldn't feel this good given the book performance figures, so long as you keep in the power band it really pulls nicely. It's really quiet, though you need to be careful with the gears, 4th at 30mph works if you're cruising but it has no power to pull off fast, 3rd is much better.

Audio quality is lovely, though we're still trying to work out how to get USB audio to play the tracks of an album in the correct order - we've already tagged the files with the right sequence, and tried re-naming the files to start with the correct number, all with no joy - shame, as all our other MP3 devices play the tracks in the correct order without problem...very strange!

Seats are great too, supportive and sporty, neither of us have struggled to find a good position. The memory seat option works great, 3 saves available, though a little shame it doesn't adjust door mirrors but hey ho, they're easy enough to adjust.

The sports chassis is also very nicely balanced. I've got a decent setup on my own Astra and the V40 feels very similar - perhaps a little better around town than my Astra, but very taught on corners :)

Someone on a Dutch forum told me the Volvo plays the files in the order in which they are placed on your USB drive. So you need a program that allows you to pick the copy/paste order of the files. If I remember correctly, FileZilla has that option :).

·
Registered
196 Posts
FileZilla...that's an FTP client? We'll have a play with the files over the next week, it seems a little odd for Volvo to have it set this way, we've got plenty of MP3 et-al devices and all play based on the tag for track number.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Wow the D2 is amazing indeed, no shortage of power there when needed. Having the same issues with the MP3's on USB, but I expected no less, had similar issues in the BMW/Mini systems, found using an Ipod works a lot better. Going to kidnap wife's nano tonight and test it out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We are happy to state we own no Apple devices :)
I envy you ! I sadly now also own an Ipod Nano 16GB, the new version, have not tried it out in car yet though, should work. It streams via Bluetooth as well (apparently).

I bought it out of frustration, just cannot get my MP3's to work on the USB. It could be the USB, or it could be the Volvo system.

·
Registered
196 Posts
We just have a USB Pen plugged into the USB socket in the V40 - same one we used in the previous car, fingers crossed we can find a route of setting the track order, it's a bit naff to have the current seemingly random order :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts