Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

After waiting a month my car was finally delivered. Over the last months I'd not seen one so I was wondering if it would live up to my expectations after having been blown away by the test drive.

Here's what I think broken up between my likes and dislikes.

Lets start with likes

Sitting in the car is great, the seats are super comfy and have a good balance between a sporty hold and long distance comfort. Everything looks nice and feels really nice. The white stitching in a nice touch.

The sound is great, better than I remember and with the Bluetooth function playing music off my phone is very nice to have.

The rear lights turn on when I open the boot, I think that so clever.

The engine sounds really nice, much much better than I remember.

Dislikes

The geartronic is quite a big disappointment for me, in the real world I'm sure it's only seconds between change differences between GT and S-Tronic but from a feel perspective it's just not as nice.

The mirrors make a really loud, laboured sound when they open and close on lock and unlock.

Song selection is none existent when pairing with my iPhone. I know I can just do it on my phone but they system should really allow a search.

I don't like the day lights at the bottom, I absolutely love the way Audi and BMW have implemented it, seems like more of an after thought in the V40.

I've got the My14 and it really bums me out that all the new models how power shift which I'm sure is going to be a much better drive.

Other than that they car is amazing. I would still make the same choice over and over again.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very interesting write-up. One always reads these types of reports (as one waits for their delivery) and wonders if they will have the same concerns :) but i think it's a refreshing look at the car especially since i am still to get mine. I opted for the manual having read less than charming reports on the auto boxes and this sort-of reinforces it. But maybe i am just clutching at straws here, lol

What do you mean by this - "Song selection is none existent when pairing with my iPhone. I know I can just do it on my phone but they system should really allow a search."

·
Registered
252 Posts
My dislike is gearing.

All models have slightly too high gearing for my liking, 3rd in particular is so wrong- 30 MPH comes at 1800rpm in 3rd it ought to be at 2100/2200Rpm.
A lower third would vastly improve flexibility in town driving.

But I love the interior of my R design, the design and quality is outstanding.

Song selection works well with my ipod.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the iPhone tip but it's just much easier to use BT rather than plug it in every time.

As for the geartronic, it is a disappointment but by no means a deal breaker, I'm super pedantic and analyze every aspect of my drive, two mates who have driven it say they don't know what I'm speaking about lol.

Another thing in ever mentioned is how great it feels on the road, I've pushed a few corners but I'm sure I'm no where near any limits.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Song selection is none existent when pairing with my iPhone. I know I can just do it on my phone but they system should really allow a search.
I'm pretty sure this is the same with all BT devices. BT supports the audi stream and play/pause/skip. I don't think any BT reciever can navigate device contents. So this isn't the cars fault, but a limitation of BT (although I stand to be corrected).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.