Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depends on if the Dyno report is at the wheels or has been converted to the at engine values. Most gains are reported as the higher engine value, which sounds sneaky but is more comparable I guess to the manufacturer ratings which are @engine too. Does it say on the graph?

I suspect if at engine could go a bit higher as my T3 is mapped to pretty much the same torque and hp. The D4 should be able to push a bit more I'd think.

My T3 Dyno here for ref. dyno

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like the torque is kept high for a decent part of the rev range so shouldn't run out of steam meaning you need to change as often to keep up the pace. I think this is where the twin turbo helps make the D4 much better than equiv. size single turbo units. Consequently the T3 is opposite with only a small turbo so likely relies on much lower boost high in the rev range where the T5's bigger turbo keeps pushing.

Seems like the D4 is a very decent engine and glad you're happy with the result. I'm sure the parts can cope with the torque and maybe more. I think it's more driving style. I used to have 2.2 civic remapped and everyone said their clutches failed about 80k when mapped and that I was sitting on a ticking Tim bomb. I took mine to 140k with no issues! I don't dump the clutch ever really and keep revs just high enough to get going; then can floor it and fly!

Do you use standard or premium diesel? I found that 2-ehn additive (cetane booster) made the civic 2.2 clatter much less and smoothed delivery - doubtful of power increase, but 2-ehn is one of the few additives with test papers backing up benefits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts