Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My new company car is a V40 R Design D4 in Rebel Blue. it is due for delivery on the 2nd October and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas at the thought of 190bhp of meaty goodness and 15% BIK. Will it be as good as I hope? I test drove a D2 and loved the car, the D4 can only be better.....:)

My last Volvo was a nearly new 1988 340DL. This will hopefully be something of a contrast.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I test drove the D2 and the D3 (both auto), but I decided on the D2 for a few reasons. Foremost, I found the drive to be smoother. Not sure if that's because the auto has a dual clutch or what, but it was noticable. I also wanted more economy than the D3 would offer and didn't want the new D4 engine in it's first year in the V40.

Are you going for the 5 cylinder D4 or the new 4 cylinder D4?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update from the dealer - the car is due end of September. I'm getting very excited.

As an aside, two of us at work are due for cars and both came to the same conclusion. The other car is a red V40 R Design Nav D4. We both considered a long list of other 'premium' cars - BMW 1 and 3 Series, Mercedes A and B class, Audi A3 and A4, VW Golf GTD, Lexus IS etc but none can give the same blend of performance, style and low tax. They are coming from Lincoln Volvo, it made the salesman's day when we placed an order for two cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I purchased My V40 D3 SE LUX WITH NAV From the Volvo dealership in Lincoln (Stephen)
Great garage to do business with. Enjoy your car when it arrives.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Update from the dealer - the car is due end of September. I'm getting very excited.

As an aside, two of us at work are due for cars and both came to the same conclusion. The other car is a red V40 R Design Nav D4. We both considered a long list of other 'premium' cars - BMW 1 and 3 Series, Mercedes A and B class, Audi A3 and A4, VW Golf GTD, Lexus IS etc but none can give the same blend of performance, style and low tax. They are coming from Lincoln Volvo, it made the salesman's day when we placed an order for two cars.
You should have seen the dealers face when my in laws went in with me, they ordered a white d4 r design and a red d2 r design and I ordered a rebel blue d4 R design nav!!! We are collecting all on the same day, probably the end of next week all being well!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Its great to see some new folks on here with positive thought and excitement about the V40. Makes a refreshing change! :)
I'm still waiting for mine. It's horrible. Excitement gone. Just a total gut-wrenching wait now...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

I am also waiting my V40 D2 around 1st of October which will be a company car.- order placed on 19/6. As I placed the order but I don't know anything about the details of delivery, do you know if we are collecting these cars from volvo or leasing company delivers them at home?
I am excited! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I remember the waiting well. I have had my V40 over 20 months now. It's done over 35,000 miles of absolutely fault free travel. I am still pleased with it. :)
Read that as 2 months, and though well that's a lot of driving...but 20 months seems more reasonable. I can't wait for mine mate, just such a long wait.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I waited like a week :)

Now a year and half later, you wonder why you bought the car

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all,

I am also waiting my V40 D2 around 1st of October which will be a company car.- order placed on 19/6. As I placed the order but I don't know anything about the details of delivery, do you know if we are collecting these cars from volvo or leasing company delivers them at home?
I am excited! :)
Mine is being delivered to work by the dealer apparently.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Quality

Why so? Not impressed with it?
Nope, car looks nice, exterior, interior, cool features, stuff, safety, but that is where it stops. Almost 19000km on the clock, and the car feels like you have done 200,000km on the clock.

Suspension is noisy, now have rattle coming from the boot, cigarette lighter broken, can't charge phone, engine coolant light went on, water was low (already), aircon hardly blows cold.

Should have kept my Mazda 3 2.0l sport, or bought a German car :dodgy:

My dad's BMW 330i, now 9 years old, done 90,000km, BMW sport suspension, car is even lower than, 18/245/40 wheels, has no rattles, aircon so cold, you think you are driving around in Alaska

Dennis1 will agree with me here

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
156 Posts
Conflicting stories, guess each car will have it's own issues. Fingers crossed I get one from Kev's breed!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.