Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Car is tuned by GJ Mensen in Holland. I dont know what software he uses but its from germany as told.

Today swapped the Exhaust Pressure Sensor, pulled the Battery to reset the car and drove a few miles: car feels smoother, at first no boost/very late boost, tried to drive a few miles on cruise to let the engine adapt to the sensor.

So end of story, stil the hiccup, but doesnt feel as bad as it whas before. Looking into DPF pressure sensor and contacting the tuner for the 4th time to look into it again.

@Reinberto did he fix it with software?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk
Sorry for my delayed response. Yes they fixed it. I was told they tuned it in some way at first but for the fix they created a new remapping with some other techniques or something. My previous and one current other car were tuned via volvotune.nl, real good tuner.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So back again, for the last time. as i thought Volvotune.nl (Obbe) fixed it !!
he took the ECU out again (although it whas ''unlocked'') but he wanted to look at it again.
he walked me through the whole proces, what he does and how he globally does it.
EGR to 0% all the time, too. + remap.

car doesnt pull like a freak on lower throttle and doesnt hiccup, but the power is there if you floor it.
so thats how it suposed to be, not a real difference on lower throttle because of the good tune.

now the car is back smooth again, for as far it could be smooth, now the software is good now i feel like the car has some really really really small misfires city driving, i know its not possible it could be small, but thats the best way to discribe it. well, for a car with 100k+ miles (170k km) it should be fine

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good to hear that! Now you can fully enjoy the car with the extra power where you need it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So back again, for the last time. as i thought Volvotune.nl (Obbe) fixed it !!
he took the ECU out again (although it whas ''unlocked'') but he wanted to look at it again.
he walked me through the whole proces, what he does and how he globally does it.
EGR to 0% all the time, too. + remap.

car doesnt pull like a freak on lower throttle and doesnt hiccup, but the power is there if you floor it.
so thats how it suposed to be, not a real difference on lower throttle because of the good tune.

now the car is back smooth again, for as far it could be smooth, now the software is good now i feel like the car has some really really really small misfires city driving, i know its not possible it could be small, but thats the best way to discribe it. well, for a car with 100k+ miles (170k km) it should be fine
Nice! Maybe try some injector cleaner or fill up a few times with V-power Diesel or something

21 - 24 of 24 Posts