Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I was stuck today at the petrol station and couldn’t put fuel in my car the doors were open but the fuel flap wouldn’t release.

I had to leave the fuel station to come home to try and release this flap I’ve been on YouTube to look at all the models but there is nothing for a V 40 I know most of the models are the same,

I’ve seen the plastic release wire in the boot which I’ve pulled But it doesn’t make any difference,
Plus if there is a little solenoid motor like on the V 60 I can’t reach it with my hand as it’s too far in and the edges are too sharp.

So now I managed to take & slide Off the fuel flap but the pin still won’t go in and still won’t let me put fuel in as the fuel pipe won’t go into the neck as you push the fuel pipe and won’t release so I’m stuck any ideas people out there.

thank you

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not sure what is happening. This is the manual...

Open/remove the side hatch in the cargo
area (same side as fuel filler flap).
Carefully pull the line back in a straight line.
The flap can now be opened from outside.

You say that pulling the release does nothing. But it can't be nothing. Is the release moving? If it's moving what happens to the door? Get somebody else to hold the release while you push the door to click it open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I was stuck today at the petrol station and couldn’t put fuel in my car the doors were open but the fuel flap wouldn’t release.

I had to leave the fuel station to come home to try and release this flap I’ve been on YouTube to look at all the models but there is nothing for a V 40 I know most of the models are the same,

I’ve seen the plastic release wire in the boot which I’ve pulled But it doesn’t make any difference,
Plus if there is a little solenoid motor like on the V 60 I can’t reach it with my hand as it’s too far in and the edges are too sharp.

So now I managed to take & slide Off the fuel flap but the pin still won’t go in and still won’t let me put fuel in as the fuel pipe won’t go into the neck as you push the fuel pipe and won’t release so I’m stuck any ideas people out there.

thank you
Same issue here. Pulling the release wire from inside makes some noise but doesn't release the door. I can easily pull the release wire with my left hand while I try to open the door with my right hand... Now my v40 is parked with fuel for 40km.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts