Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
On sunday, when I tried to open the cover of the panoramic view, the mechanism blocked a little bit before total retraction and since then it moves only 4-5cm front and back.
Any suggestions on how can I repair this without going to the dealer?
Has anyone heard of this issue?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do you have VIDA? There is probably a guide that covers repairing/replacing the sunroof.
You will most likely need to remove the complete headliner, so its not an easy job to do properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear all,
On sunday, when I tried to open the cover of the panoramic view, the mechanism blocked a little bit before total retraction and since then it moves only 4-5cm front and back.
Any suggestions on how can I repair this without going to the dealer?
Has anyone heard of this issue?
My panoramic roof was stuck open when I bought the car (used obviously), the dealer had tried to fix it without success and the roof liner is now imperfectly fitted, he gave up and instead had a light tint fitted, works really really well and can still see well through it from inside and can’t see in, gives the car a lovely light and airy feel...bottom line, leave it open, get a tint and enjoy!

·
Registered
739 Posts
We leave ours open all the time anyway and the factory tint is fine...…..
(Maybe having factory tinted rears also makes the roof panel darker too?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thread resurrection! 😁 The sun shade of my pano roof wouldn't retract properly and started to bunch so, with gentle persuasion ie tucking it in as I retracted it, the sun shade is now tucked behind the roof headliner.

Q: Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the roof headliner (and all the gubbings) as I'd like to fix the issue? Ta!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts