Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All so I finally treated myself to a V40 / why did I wait so long 🤷🏽‍♀️
Absolutely loving it so far however I’ve got a few questions about it.....
D2 Rdesign Nav ......
How do I see how much fuel in mikes I have remaining?
Speed limiter, is this also cruise??
Parcel shelf, why is it rattling no obvious signs anywhere it’s attached & seems secure.
Any advice hints & tips would be very well received.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You should be able to toggle the left stalk (the one you use for indicators) wheel, it should cycle between, current mpg, odometer, average speed, miles remaining till empty etc. If your car has cruise control, which it should, the left set of buttons on the steering wheel should have cruise control, and limiter. Limiter just prevents you going over a set speed, if you press cruise control, you would also need to set it, by pressing the + or - after. Single press increases speed by 5mph to the nearest 5 or 0, and if you keep it down, it does it by 1mph increments/decrements. Not sure why the parcel shelf rattles, as mine doesn't do this (yet). Perhaps take it completely off, and put it back completely, ensure the strings are secure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to toggle the left stalk (the one you use for indicators) wheel, it should cycle between, current mpg, odometer, average speed, miles remaining till empty etc. If your car has cruise control, which it should, the left set of buttons on the steering wheel should have cruise control, and limiter. Limiter just prevents you going over a set speed, if you press cruise control, you would also need to set it, by pressing the + or - after. Single press increases speed by 5mph to the nearest 5 or 0, and if you keep it down, it does it by 1mph increments/decrements. Not sure why the parcel shelf rattles, as mine doesn't do this (yet). Perhaps take it completely off, and put it back completely, ensure the strings are secure.
Thanks so much for explaining the fuel gauge 👌🏽

Parcel shelf I’ll look into even it’s not blowing a gale!

This is my speed limiter option on the steering wheel -can’t see a cruise button anywhere, surely I can’t be that dopey?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ahh, perhaps in your region, R-Design doesn't come with cruise control. Mine's a Momentum and it has cruise control...eg...the top right button is cruise control, and the other buttons are self explanatory, 0 to cancel, swirly arrow to resume last set speed etc...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I made the same error, missed the cruise control when buying..... the switch looked the same as my wifes C30 so assumed it was cruise.... it can be added, officially its around £300, but, if you can get one of the techs to do it in his lunch it costs a few beers and the switch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts