Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My D2 has now reached 18 months old and completed 29,000 miles. Great journey so far, no faults whatsoever apart from an unscheduled trip to the dealer to chage a fuel filter. The images below show the car just yesterday after only 3 washes in it's lifetime. Still on the first set of tyres although fronts only have a couple of mm left.

I can honestly say this has been a great car to drive over the last 1.5 years. Comfortable, quiet, reliable and fault free, particularly compared to my last car which was a Vauxhall dis-Astra.

V40 2 by 2010kev, on Flickr

V40 1 by 2010kev, on Flickr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had mine just over a week & already covered 1200 miles. Fantastic car all round and great mpg, averaging 62.9 with a mix of heavy motorway traffic in heavy rain, city driving and 80mph runs on the motorway. Much better than the golf blue motion in have just returned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fuel Filter??

My D2 has now reached 18 months old and completed 29,000 miles. Great journey so far, no faults whatsoever apart from an unscheduled trip to the dealer to chage a fuel filter.
Can I ask why did you change the fuel filter, how did you find out that your car needed one and how did it cost?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Had mine just over a week & already covered 1200 miles. Fantastic car all round and great mpg, averaging 62.9 with a mix of heavy motorway traffic in heavy rain, city driving and 80mph runs on the motorway. Much better than the golf blue motion in have just returned.
Nice one with the new motor.

I spend a lot of time on the motorway around where I live. My normal is in the high 70's but I don't race it. I take an extra 5 minutes to get to work and save myself well over £1000 per year on diesel compared to my last drive which was a pretty awful Vauxhall dis-Astra. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I ask why did you change the fuel filter, how did you find out that your car needed one and how did it cost?
I was driving to work and the car just lost a little bit of power. A message appeared saying running on reduced power. After a few minutes all was ok again. I rang the dealer same day as a precaution and they checked it out. There was an issue with the filter. It was replaced at no idea what cost. I lease the car so if it was not a warranty item it would have been picked up through the lease.

Certainly nothing that I have experienced again after a further 14000 miles, or thereabouts.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It is a car in a car park, it isn't even clean,...

I suppose having a v40 for 1.5 years and only having 1 fault in that period is worth a post though I think I am just jealous as he has had relatively trouble free motoring ;0)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I suppose having a v40 for 1.5 years and only having 1 fault in that period is worth a post though I think I am just jealous as he has had relatively trouble free motoring ;0)
I agree with denn1s on this, wonder how some drivers have trouble free motoring

Reactions: worm59 and denn1s

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yep, it's my car, it's in a car park and it's not clean. :). Nothing to be negative about. :)

I guess I could make a negative comment about every image on the forum "it's on a street" or "its under a tree" and so on. But life's too short to to dwell in misery and negativity for me. :) But that's interrnet forums for you. :)

It's not clean, so what? I could not give a shite. I don't like cleaning cars. I sit in it, not outside the thing. Although it's a good job the wipers are working flawlessly. :)

Relatively trouble free motoring is incorrect. The car has provided me with 100% trouble free motoring. It's a great quality car with a fantastic build quality.

It has done me very well so far. So I decided to post a few pictures to celebrate. Why not? I am sorry if they don't meet your satisfaction Dennis. Here's to the next 18 months and I confident of a further trouble free motoring period.

If I had real issues with the car, I would not spend my time berating it on a forum. There are more important things in life to worry about :) I am sorry your car does not meet your expectations. Time to get rid of it maybe?

My car is well built. My car looks great whether dirty or clean. My car is comfortable. My car has wipers that work flawlessly. My car does not have doors that rattle. My car does not have paint peeling off the bumper. My car is of excellent quality. It is comfortable and does what I got it for. It gets me around the place economically and safely. It's a quality car. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
The comment was meant tongue in cheek.

If the v40 was not a company car I would have got rid of it before now, like I did with the civic type r I bought brand new back in 04 that also had loads of stupid thing going wrong (had AA man out to it within half an hour, window rubbers falling out, air con packing in, central locking sticking etc. may be I am just unlucky or have too high expectations?

I am honestly pleased yours is serving you well and good on you for being happy as you have obviously got a good one

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem Dennis. :)

I don't think your expectations are too high. No different to my expectations I would guess. We just seem to have had an experience that is quite different. :)

I simply cannot fault my car. To be frank, I start it up after 29,000 miles and it's just like a drove it off the forecourt yesterday. It's in excellent shape.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have to go with Kev on this one (there's a shocker)! I've driven mine almost a year and (when polished) she looks as good as new and sexy as ever a car could be.

I don't have bad wipers, leaky doors, rattles, air con failure, audio issues or door lock problems I don't get 80mpg like Kev but I get a constant 60+ that suits me fine. I only visit a petrol station once or twice a month these days unless I go on a 'road trip' or two. The lovely V is quiet on good roads and I can't blame Volvo for the fact that most of Hertfordshire seems to being undergoing the roads being covered in grit currently and that doesn't help tyre noise one iota.

I play bowls and easily get three adult passengers plus myself and four kit bags in the car and having ridden in the back I can say it is comfy all round.

I recommend the V40 to everyone interested in buying a quality, well designed and built vehicle and yes, I probably will change the car in 18 months time but it will only be for another Volvo most likely.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
382 Posts
P.S. I've even fallen for the brash 'Rebel Blue'. Suits younger drivers and always looks the business!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.