Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my V40 for a month now and I'm loving it!

Only thing I didn't think about getting was the inbuilt SatNav, I thought my phone SatNav would do me fine like it had in my previous car but I'm finding my suction cup to not fit great on this windscreen. I'm thinking about upgrading to the inbuilt one, does anyone know of the cost this would be for Volvo to do this, and is it really worth it?

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Had my V40 for a month now and I'm loving it!

Only thing I didn't think about getting was the inbuilt SatNav, I thought my phone SatNav would do me fine like it had in my previous car but I'm finding my suction cup to not fit great on this windscreen. I'm thinking about upgrading to the inbuilt one, does anyone know of the cost this would be for Volvo to do this, and is it really worth it?
If you press the NAV button what does your screen display? Got mine yesterday and I also didn't take the navigation option but if I press the button it advises me that Nav is not available. If I want it I would have to call volvo and *buy it* which the salesman explained to me is basically purchasing an app. The cost is about 8000 South African Rand. I have the 2015 T3 if that makes a difference

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you press the NAV button what does your screen display? Got mine yesterday and I also didn't take the navigation option but if I press the button it advises me that Nav is not available. If I want it I would have to call volvo and *buy it* which the salesman explained to me is basically purchasing an app. The cost is about 8000 South African Rand. I have the 2015 T3 if that makes a difference
Thanks for your reply, I have the 2015 T2 but it does not have a Nav button, think you're lucky there!? 8000 rand is about £450 - that's fair, 1500euro mhron mentioned seems a bit too much though :(

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
No, the standard Sensus system on MY13, SATNAV cannot be added, no nav button in your console. You will have to then get the SENSUS Connect touch, which will then give you a different SATNAV system on the screen via Android

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did you specify any of the Sensus Connect options (high perf or premium with Harmon Kardon)?
If you did then the Nav update is just an app though you may need the GPS receiver etc as well as the button. It would appear to be a £700 addition before fitting.
If you didn't specify Connect (not Connected Touch) then it's unlikely you can get nav on your system.
The options in the UK are:
Sensus Connect with Hi-Perf £500
Sensus Connect with Prem (HK) £1000
Sensus Connect Nav with HP £1200
Sensus Connect Nav with Prem £1700

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.