Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently bought a V40 T2 R Design and want to make some modifications to give it a bit more poke. I had to buy the T2 to meet my employers car policy on CO2 grams.

The car isn’t the quickest and lacks any real power.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
39 Posts
Hello All,

I recently bought a V40 T2 R Design and want to make some modifications to give it a bit more poke. I had to buy the T2 to meet my employers car policy on CO2 grams.

The car isn’t the quickest and lacks any real power.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Ash
You have an asleep rocket.
Those T2 versions are the same hardware than the T3, if i'm not wrong... so a good remap on it makes the start of the process and you increase the power a lot! It will suprise you!!!
Then, some intake air filter are loads of options to replace stock ones, intercooler, hibrid the turbo, exhaust and by that order you have increase the money spent and the power you make...
Choose a good, well known and experienced reprogrammer to help you adjust the remap in every upgrade you set.

Hope it's helpfull

·
Registered
299 Posts
If its a 2019 model, I am afraid there are no tuners yet who can access the ECU due to protection. On the <2018 models they can.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you're on Facebook join the volvo v40 crew loads of modded cars on there.
T2 can reach over 200bhp with a map

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do you have the 2.0 or the 1.5 T2? I do think, Volvo (and Mazda's Skyactive G) have very puny 2.0 engines, not even sure what the turbo is doing in the 2.0 T2, at least the Mazda doesn't have turbo. I guess their T2s are just detuned, so they only need to use a single engine, and give it the power from 122 till around 300 (not in V40 of course). Where as the 2.0 is certainly more capable, as others have said, VEA 2.0 or 1.5s for that matter may be difficult to remap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts