Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 馃檵 my name is Cee I'm from the UK England Nottingham.
I've had my v40 for just over two weeks, I came from a Volvo c30 which I loved so much I couldn't sell and now my other half he has it.
The v40 compared to the c30 in one word...epic. I miss the uniqueness of the c30 they weren't so common here in the UK where the v40 is. I also miss the fact the v40 doesn't have a body kit like my r-design c30 other than that everything else is better 馃槀馃槀
I have a 2015 Volvo V40 T3 (152) R DESIGN Nav with Winter package,Manual Petrol Hatchback Features include: Bluetooth hands free telephone kit, Speed limiter, Speed sensitive steering, Active TFT crystal driver's instrument display, Information centre, Intelligent driver information system (IDIS), Sensus navigation system, Service interval indicator, Steering wheel audio controls. Rear view camera, Panoramic glass roof, Front/Rear park assist, Heated front seats, Driver power/memory seat, Charcoal Nubuck Leather interior, Park assist pilot, Sensus Satellite navigation, DAB radio, Media streaming, Rear privacy glass, Heated windscreen, Sensus Web connect, High performance audio, Ixion alloys, R-Design body and interior styling with Twin exhaust pipes, Bluetooth connectivity, Cruise control tilting mirrors when reversing and much more I'm sure they're bits I'll find out along the way.

I'm into modifying my cars slightly, so far I've put wind deflectors on, Front rubber splitter, after market alloys, dipped the grill, changed main beam to h7r hids as I've got reflectors not projectors
Changed the side markers to white and defried my back indicator bulb to chrome I've also lowered him blacked out all the chrome around the windows debadged the back, tinted both front and back lights, fogs, wing indicators and Drl lights,this month I'll be getting the wing mirrors and diffuser gloss black along with painting my Aero dynamic spoiler to match the rest of the car... After 15 days I'm a happy lady 馃槉

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Registered
Now then, and welcome!

Cracking car you've got there and good to hear you're sticking with Volvo.

I'll admit I'm not really into modifications as they're not to my taste but yours are rather nicely done.

Hope you're enjoying the new car and hope you get settled in here. Any questions just ask away and someone will soon pop up with an answer. They're all a good bunch really :wink2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Heya Cee :smile2:
Always happy to see an owner who is prepared to make a car their own & in my younger days I often spent 2-3 times or more of the purchase price doing just that :smile2:
The biggest difference I guess is most of the time you would struggle to notice as the majority of the money went under the bonnet, into the drivetrain or on the interior.
In short... A Sleeper! Often boring to look at perhaps... but definitely NOT boring to drive >:)
Just as importantly... on a light throttle they tended not to attract too much attention from the policemans ball ticket sellers!!
The moral of the story is... if it makes YOU smile... then go for it!! No-one will be able to accuse you of driving a boring looking car that's for sure :grin2:
I like what you have done... though I'm sorry to see the Ixions gone tbh as I'm a big fan... But the new ones obviously make you smile so that's all that really counts!
The only thing I would say is brake dust will not be your friend :crying:
Enjoy your V40 :wink2:

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Heya Cee :smile2:
Always happy to see an owner who is prepared to make a car their own & in my younger days I often spent 2-3 times or more of the purchase price doing just that :smile2:
The biggest difference I guess is most of the time you would struggle to notice as the majority of the money went under the bonnet, into the drivetrain or on the interior.
In short... A Sleeper! Often boring to look at perhaps... but definitely NOT boring to drive >:)
Just as importantly... on a light throttle they tended not to attract too much attention from the policemans ball ticket sellers!!
The moral of the story is... if it makes YOU smile... then go for it!! No-one will be able to accuse you of driving a boring looking car that's for sure :grin2:
I like what you have done... though I'm sorry to see the Ixions gone tbh as I'm a big fan... But the new ones obviously make you smile so that's all that really counts!
The only thing I would say is brake dust will not be your friend :crying:
Enjoy your V40 :wink2:
Thanks..馃槀 definitely won't be my friend, I'm always cleaning the car wheels I love deep dish and concave wheels on my cars...
I plan to get a custom exhaust I have one on the c30, I miss that beefy sound on turn over that I don't get with the v40. It's a beautiful car I just like to add my own little touches to it as there's quite afew about in my area and the same colour, I'm a female we like to be noticed
Ohh and I still have the ixions they will be my winter wheels

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Now then, and welcome!

Cracking car you've got there and good to hear you're sticking with Volvo.

I'll admit I'm not really into modifications as they're not to my taste but yours are rather nicely done.

Hope you're enjoying the new car and hope you get settled in here. Any questions just ask away and someone will soon pop up with an answer. They're all a good bunch really :wink2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm a fan of modification just not drastic just sutle changes except the wheels they're the first thing people notice.
I plan to get a custom exhaust nothing load I just miss the grunt I had on the c30 as I had a custom exhaust put on that. This car is sooooo much faster and sleeker than the c30 but the sound of it is very muted I like a bit of grunt to my cars. I'll post any updates to my thread once they're done

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Few bits done over the past few weeks of owning the car, lowered on eibach springs, Aero dynamic spoiler fitted, wing mirrors and diffuser painted gloss Black and the good old prancing moose

Registered
Looking good! Both spoiler and Eibach springs are on my short list. Why didn't you go for the full r-design styling package(with rear & side deflectors)? And how are the Eibach springs? Any change in handeling & comfort? Any problems with speed bumps?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Looking good! Both spoiler and Eibach springs are on my short list. Why didn't you go for the full r-design styling package(with rear & side deflectors)? And how are the Eibach springs? Any change in handeling & comfort? Any problems with speed bumps?
I brought the spoiler from eBay brand new costing me 拢35 rather than the 拢250 I was quoted so I was pretty happy with that, I like the side skirt but not the rear styling deflectors. The springs feel better if not better than stock.

Registered
35 pounds?! That's a bargain! Any speed bumps problems with the eibach springs(front spoiler lip scraping)?

Registered
You've basically got the exact same spec V40 as me, R-Design T3 Lux Nav with the Panoramic roof, and some other packs thrown in, too many options to list.
I also opted for the full rear R-design styling kit, personally I think the V40, especially the R-Design needs the complete styling kit pack, to give it a different look to the standard V40, theres just not enough styling differences between the models in my opinion.

I've been toying with the idea of wind deflectors on the front windows but my son had them on his previous car and they actually increased wind noise at speed, so I'm a bit unsure at the moment.
How do you find yours for wind noise ?

I like that you're adding your own personal touches, but, and this is not intended to criticise, sometimes when people "tart" their cars up they can on occasion go a tad too far, I'm not saying you have, but there's always temptation to add a bit more when the car just did not need it.

Lowering yours is nice, it's something the R-Design needed, and should of come with a standard, changing the alloys, again this can have a dramatic effect, however if I'm honest I'm not that keen on the deep dish alloy look, I personally think a complete contrast to the body colour gives a better look, ie, full black alloys against a white finish, again it's only my personal opinion.

Thing is, the V40 is not, in my opinion a body shape that lends itself to big mods, some cars can be transformed and look very good, but I think you can only take the V40 so far before it will all look just too much..
Again this is just my opinion.

All you need now is a Polestar engine upgrade, but unfortunately Polestar are not releasing one for the T3.
Now, that is something I would definitely go for, because I personally think the T3 is crying out for a bit more punch. .

Thanks for the great pics.

Registered
nice subtle mods ... were the rear badges easy to remove?

Registered
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You've basically got the exact same spec V40 as me, R-Design T3 Lux Nav with the Panoramic roof, and some other packs thrown in.
I also opted for the full rear R-design styling kit, personally I think the V40, especially the R-Design needs the complete styling kit pack, to give it a different look to the standard V40, theres just not enough styling differences between the models in my opinion.

I've been toying with the idea of wind deflectors on the front windows but my son had them on his previous car and they actually increased wind noise at speed, so I'm a bit unsure at the moment.
How do you find yours for wind noise ?

I like what you're doing with your V40, but, and this is not intended to criticise, sometimes when people "tart" their cars up they can on occasion go a tad too far, I'm not saying you have, but there's always temptation to add a bit more when the car just did not need it.

Lowering yours is nice, it's something the R-Design needed, and should of come with a standard, changing the alloys, again this can have a dramatic effect, however if I'm honest I'm not that keen on the shiny gloss alloy look, I personally think a complete contrast to the body colour gives a better look, ie, full black alloys against a white finish, again it's only my personal opinion.

All you need now is a Polestar engine upgrade, but unfortunately Polestar are not releasing one for the T3.
Now, that is something I would definitely go for, because I personally think the T3 is crying out for a bit more punch. .

Great pics.
My car was as it was from the dealership second owner I am and it came from a technician at the volvo dealership that's the reason it has alot of extra's, the alloys are from my old c30 and will be getting changed once I've save up enough for them they will be all black as that's the look im after, hence why the wing mirrors and diffuser got painted gloss Black, I'm not to keen on the chrome look.
I'm a modified car enthusiasts, I've never kept mine standard in any shape or form it's just in my blood, I'm 32 female I like to stand out to say the lease, I had a police man pull me over to say he's not into modified cars but absolutely loved what I'd done to mine it was sutle and I agree because usually my cars are alot more modified than this one is 馃槀
I'm not a fan of the back deflectors for the styling kit, they just look like they've been stuck on, I've ordered mud flaps which will give it a bit of an edge they will be gloss black or gloss white depending on how I feel when I get them.
I'm getting a custom exhaust that's something I always do as I like the sound once those few bits are done I'll be happy , I've only had the car 4 week's and I've had so many compliments already so wait till its got my 19" spoke alloys and the custom exhaust on 馃憣
I've had wind deflectors on every car I don't notice the wind noise or I'm just use to it I don't know which 馃槀馃槀
Definitely volvo should of made them lower out the factory and imo the eibach springs feel so comfortable I can't even tell they're different to stock!! Definitely my Best Buy on the car so far....

Thanks

Registered
The splitter is a nice touch.
Does it come in gloss black, or only the carbon fibre look ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
The splitter is a nice touch.
Does it come in gloss black, or only the carbon fibre look ?
In the carbon fibre it comes in blue, white and this grey colour.
There are plan black, white, blue and red non gloss also but wouldn't take to much to gloss them up if that's what was wanted

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Quick update added some mud flaps glossed using black gloss spray than to seal with afew coats of lacquer as I wanted a sheen look to them...lets see how they hold up

Registered
I'm guessing you've had the rear bumper trim sprayed gloss black, along with the side mirrors ?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts