Volvo V40 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yep, I think the c30 is a nicer looking car than the V40, shame they discontinued it !

For me it also lends itself better when attempting styling mods, it just has a more appealing sportier shape than the V40 to start with.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Couple of additions. New alloys, changed my prancing moose badges from the blue and yellow to black and grey. Tint film over the interior lights.
I'm loving the wheels 😀

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Have you tried playing around with the interior "Theatre Lighting" and increasing or decreasing the intensity ?
Some of the colours are not too tacky.
I guess they add something a little different to the interior.

Not really sure the point of it all though, but I suppose it's toy to play with when bored.
It all reminds me of my 17 year old boy racer days, cool at the time but now a bit cringy :blush:

I gave my son, who's 24 and loves his cars, and his mates a lift into town a few weeks ago, the first thing he said when getting in was "dad please ditch the tinsel lights before we pick the boys up or we get a cab".
Personally I thought the purply disco coloured light looked rather fetching, LOL.

I guess when a bunch of 24 year olds think a Volvo is showing too much bling and would rather pay to ride in a taxi then things need to be toned down a bit :-/

Needles to say off went the disco lights, at least until they all got out :laugh:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have to totally agree,
Those pics of your C30 are very very nice.

I even think those deep alloys look good, and I'm not a fan of that type of wheel.

Personally I dont think any V40 will look as nice as that, the shape is just not there to start with.

Everything is right about that C30, the shape, styling, colour, wheels, everything. :thumbup::thumbup:

It's job well done, on a car that you can get away with adding your own touch and flair.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Have you tried playing around with the interior "Theatre Lighting" and increasing or decreasing the intensity ?
Some of the colours are not too tacky.
I guess they add something a little different to the interior.

Not really sure the point of it all though, but I suppose it's toy to play with when bored.
It all reminds me of my 17 year old boy racer days, cool at the time but now a bit cringy :blush:

I gave my son, who's 24 and loves his cars, and his mates a lift into town a few weeks ago, the first thing he said when getting in was "dad please ditch the tinsel lights before we pick the boys up or we get a cab".
Personally I thought the purply disco coloured light looked rather fetching, LOL.

I guess when a bunch of 24 year olds think a Volvo is showing too much bling and would rather pay to ride in a taxi then things need to be toned down a bit :-/

Needles to say off went the disco lights, at least until they all got out
Yes I've played about with every button in my car, the lights were set to purple but now on a blue setting

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I have to totally agree,
Those pics of your C30 are very very nice.

I even think those deep alloys look good, and I'm not a fan of that type of wheel.

Personally I dont think any V40 will look as nice as that, the shape is just not there to start with.

Everything is right about that C30, the shape, styling, colour, wheels, everything.

It's job well done, on a car that you can get away with adding your own touch and flair.
The c30 will always be a car I love but they're to small, Ive seen loads of v40 that look amazing on a fb page I'm on. They're mainly one is Japan

·
Registered
210 Posts
quote .. The c30 will always be a car I love but they're to small, Ive seen loads of v40 that look amazing on a fb page I'm on. They're mainly one is Japan

according to Parkers, not that much different ... the V40 equates to 4 inches longer, which is a lot if parking is an issue!
c30
Weight 1376kg
Length 4266mm
Width 2039mm
Height 1447mm
Wheelbase 2640mm

v40
Weight 1382kg
Length 4369mm
Width 2041mm
Height 1439mm
Wheelbase 2647mm

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
quote .. The c30 will always be a car I love but they're to small, Ive seen loads of v40 that look amazing on a fb page I'm on. They're mainly one is Japan

according to Parkers, not that much different ... the V40 equates to 4 inches longer, which is a lot if parking is an issue!
c30
Weight 1376kg
Length 4266mm
Width 2039mm
Height 1447mm
Wheelbase 2640mm

v40
Weight 1382kg
Length 4369mm
Width 2041mm
Height 1439mm
Wheelbase 2647mm
When you've had both you notice the difference, I still have the c30.
Inside is compact in a c30 compared to v40 the c30 only has 4 seats not so much room in the back.
The v40 has 5 seats more roomy in the back. The boot is larger. And parking isn't an issue for me in either car.. Cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
Inside is compact in a c30 compared to v40 the c30 only has 4 seats not so much room in the back.
The v40 has 5 seats more roomy in the back. The boot is larger. And parking isn't an issue for me in either car.. Cheers

yes I have had both thanks. If I went back to Enfield to where I used to park the C30 .. onstreet parking only .. it would be difficult to fit in the extra 4 inches of the V40. Plenty of room here so no problem.
glad parking is not an issue for you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

yes I have had both thanks. If I went back to Enfield to where I used to park the C30 .. onstreet parking only .. it would be difficult to fit in the extra 4 inches of the V40. Plenty of room here so no problem.
glad parking is not an issue for you.
I still have both so I can compare the two daily not what I had and have. I live in the same place parking a slightly larger car isn't an issue for me...thank you.
Great for you too. Enjoy

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
More pics of my new side decals and now front tints... Coming along nicely

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
Few bits done over the past few weeks of owning the car, lowered on eibach springs, Aero dynamic spoiler fitted, wing mirrors and diffuser painted gloss Black and the good old prancing moose

I like the Roof spoiler and rear bumper mods :grin2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Custom quad tips exhaust booked in with Tony banks leeds...excited is an understatement

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Had a side decal put on few weeks back and booked in for a stripe along the length Of The car from front bumper to back...lets see how this turns out

41 - 60 of 84 Posts