Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not a lot to say! I am very happy after the first 500Kms with the car. Everything works out as expected and the car is very smooth in acceleration and overall driving.

Regarding the power, it seems adequate but I will definitely perform a remap once available in my country. I tried the top speed once, reached 230KM/h with 6th gear and 4700 rpm. From what I understood the overboost of 30Nm kicks in at exactly 4.000 in hard acceleration.

Fuel consumption is at 9.4l/100Km. You can see my fuelly profile at http://www.fuelly.com/driver/volver/v40

For the end I kept the photo, not a really good one but it's one of the very few I have for now due to bad weather.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's plenty fast enough thanks! I once drove a V6 Palmer Jaguar (below) round a wet track at 140mph (230km/h) frightened the life out of me. New underpants please...

·
451 Posts
Nice car in white. Finally, I decided that I like this Ice White! And, 230 kms/h is a speed I never touched myself. Something like 200 seems to be more familiar. I am quite sure that it was a first try out, not to be repeated (at least in the near future) :s. Enjoy your car, the best is yet to come !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
raytint said:
Nice car in white. Finally, I decided that I like this Ice White! And, 230 kms/h is a speed I never touched myself. Something like 200 seems to be more familiar. I am quite sure that it was a first try out, not to be repeated (at least in the near future) :s. Enjoy your car, the best is yet to come !
Ahh of course not. I don't like speeding over than 150KM/h in any case. I feel totally unsafe. It's just the things that you want to do one time to see the limits of the car. And of course it was on an empty 3-lane highway. Just me and the car:)

BTW, in the past I have only speeded once over 200Km in a German autobahn. I was still able to see a lot of cars passing by at higher speeds:) Crazy Germans:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts