Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well guys i ordered my car 1 month ago and final i have my production date now all i need is my vin number and what ship its on and i will be happy;)
Just very confused sales people the spec say standard 7" display but with propack its 8" display and have just been told all v40 coming to south africa will only have 8" displays from 2014 so why pay for 8" as a option if its std from next year .

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
8 inch screen, that is news. Aren't they referring to the TFT display?

·
Registered
37 Posts
im pretty sure they referring to the tft display.
whats propack by the way ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
propack also know as plus pack
headlight washers
lockable wheel nuts
ps communicator
active xen light
high performance multmedia with 8"colour screen+8 speakers ( i say 7") agree its tft display but not according to docs
park assist.
steering force settings
interior light package
blind spot info systems

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have checked again and documents say 8" .i agree with the spec it says 7" so will be interesting when car come

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I had a look again on the sites, and the multimedia (audio) screen in center of dash is 7 inch, also comes in 5 inch. The active TFT display (speedo cluster), is 8 inch, unless you take the analog one, but that is only on the basic entry level packages.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got my vin number

I had a look again on the sites, and the multimedia (audio) screen in center of dash is 7 inch, also comes in 5 inch. The active TFT display (speedo cluster), is 8 inch, unless you take the analog one, but that is only on the basic entry level packages.
been told they have my vin number that means itis now a real car next is shipping docs

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
due 2014

been told they have my vin number that means itis now a real car next is shipping docs
well have my shiping date due at Durban docks 22nd dec knowing the holidays and sa docks at that time of year guess it will be released new year so delivery +- 10th Jan 2014

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
new date

well have my shiping date due at Durban docks 22nd dec knowing the holidays and sa docks at that time of year guess it will be released new year so delivery +- 10th Jan 2014
well just had a email from volvo saying oops your car was realocated and we will tell you when your car will be built again .i am not in a hurry but want the car early jan 2014 .
hope this is not the begining of a bad relationship...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I would be a bit miffed. Tell them to cancel the order, then go Friday and place new order at 14% less :)

Wish I could do that now. :-(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
waiting

I would be a bit miffed. Tell them to cancel the order, then go Friday and place new order at 14% less :)

Wish I could do that now. :-(
VoodooBOB wont do that if i reorder the new 2014 price is R37000 higher for the same car.

1: The exchange rate is screwed

2: The car price is going up 12%

3: They also want to increase CO2 tax by 2% in Jan if i read between the lines

4: The 14% less is on cars in stock or on the water i believe is to try and sell 2013 cars before 2014

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
voodoobob wont do that if i reorder the new 2014 price is r37000 higher for the same car.

1: The exchange rate is screwed

2: The car price is going up 12%

3: They also want to increase co2 tax by 2% in jan if i read between the lines

4: The 14% less is on cars in stock or on the water i believe is to try and sell 2013 cars before 2014

eish!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey tool and vodoo, another SA here!

Tool, the question about the 8" also confused me a bit when I was looking at the V40.... its as voodoo said, 8" the TFT speedometer, and 7" the screen... the lower packages are with 5"..

I reckon volvo should fit a 10" ehehhe

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
car being PDI

well my car is at the dealer being PDI and having smash and grab fitted should get it by friday cant wait

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ahahah same date that i should have mine ready too, it feels as a loooooooong wait!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I also hate waiting, but you guys will enjoy the weekend when you have your cars

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
went to see

Well seen the car with my own eyes yesterday still with its plastic on and still in transport mode will be going to have pdi today ,window tint tommorrow and towbar fitted and hopefully if all paperwork done collect on friday

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.