Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

V40 has just won the TM Winter Car 2013 test. The test is issued by a Finnish car magazine Tekniikan Maailma (TM). This year they tested 20 cars including (amongst others): V40 D2 Momentum, Audi A3 1.4 TFSI CC, Mercedes A -series.

V40 got an average score of 9.0/10 and was praised for its good performance in all tests and especially for its smooth and easy drive on winter road. V40 got some lower points from cold fuel consumption and from electric heaters. Although these grades weren't bad but ok. The tested V40 was equipped with additional fuel driven heater since most V40 are sold with it. (or whaever it is called in english :p)

You can find a very short summary of the test from TM site

There's also a couple of cool videos where you can see the cars in action and the tests that were used: http://translate.google.fi/translate?hl=fi&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http://tekniikanmaailma.fi/autot/vertailut/talviauto-2013/talviauto-2013-videot

Ps. My V40 D2 Summum was ordered on monday and it is expected to be delivered late march. I equipped it with High-Tech pack (rear camera, tft-meters), some better than standard audio system with the 7"sensus and bluetooth, PCC, the additional fuel driven heater and Volvo On Call. It should be nice to have the additional heater and Volvo On call since I can then start or schedule the heater from my mobile. On call also keeps driving diary for me, which is great since I can get some tax benefits keeping the diary and it makes it easier to charge my company for driving to clients.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Bazze,

Welcome to the forum!

The winter car award is great news. It means my V40 should be able to handle our puny British winters with ease :)

Cheers
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
London_2012
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing