Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 2011 S60 2.0T with 22000km is currently available at a dealership at a very attractive price. It can get Polestar which will take it up from 149kw to 177kw.

I am tempted to have a look at it, and trade the 110kw T3 in. Nice big car, big boot for all my kids stuff and holiday, remainder of 5 year warranty in place.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I look at what my V40 has compared to the S60, all the tech is newer, only thing is the S60 has 2.0 liter motor compared to 1.6 liter. All my car needs is more power, but there are no tuning options for the T3 in SA (very sad).

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw another S60 now, 2012 S60 T5, with high performance sound, 7 inch infotainment screen, Xenon lights, has 41000km on the clock. Apparently very good condition, going to see the car next week.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I had a look at that 2nd hand S60 T5 earlier today, and decided to keep the my V40 and just have the dealership look at my current issues with the car and hopefully fix them.

Things wrong or didn’t like on the S60
1. Alloy wheels not in a good condition, need to refurbish them, also almost need tyres.
2. Leather seats not as nice as the V40
3. Dash and interior not as nice at the V40
4. My V40 has more options in the infotainment
5. V40 lighter on fuel
6. Powershift is nice and smooth, but feels like an old man’s car with power, Manual you still have that nice racing feeling in the car
7. No spare wheel, weird for such a huge car
8. Drop down seats much better designed on the V40
9. No daylight running lights

1 - 7 of 7 Posts