Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I'm new here and sorry if this is not in this thread is not in the right place.

I only just start using Volvo V40 for about less than 2 years, just discover a fault, and was wondering if this is a common fault or not.

My Undertray came loose the other day as I was driving down the motorway. I am sure I didn't hit anything, only started to hear a rattling noise, which when I pull over and check, it was the Undertray came loose.

When I take it to the Volvo garage, they said that it is not under the warrantee, as to them the Undertray came loose because I hit something, which I'm sure I did not.

Can anyone give a bit more insight into this, where it is a rare thing for the Undertray to come off or does it happen quite often.

Many thanks in advance for any advice and feedback.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Welcome.

I don't think this is a fault I have heard reported on here before. I would have thought it unusual just to come off with no impact? I experienced this on a previous car, and I know I did indeed hit something back then. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Kev,

Thank you very much for your reply.

That is what I think too, but I am certain that during my journey there I did not felt that I hit anything, it was a smooth journey (just windy) until the rattle started.

I just thought that maybe the screws was not fitted properly (either during manufacture or during the annual service), making it loose though time.

If there was a screw that either not fit properly or loose, would it have been easily noticed when I have my annual service?

·
Registered
718 Posts
You don't say, but I assume the tray was damaged. Otherwise a good dealer would have just put the car on the ramp, replaced the screws and handed it back. 10 mins at the most. If the part can't be replaced under warranty the dealer picks up the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.