Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading various Volvo V40 Club posts, it's apparent that the V40 variant names differ for different parts of the world. So far I've seen mention of Summum, Momentum and Kinetic. Here in the UK we have ES, SE, R-Design and Cross Country. http://www.volvocars.com/uk/Documents/Volvo-V40-pricelist.PDF
I'd appreciate a link to the non-UK brochure so that I can compare it with ours.

On a personal level, perhaps it's time I came out of the woodwork. I've had a short test drive in a D2 accompanied by a salesperson. However I prefer a petrol car and I've requested an unaccompanied extended (100 miles) test drive in a T4 and I'm eagerly awaiting my dealer locating one for me.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In South Africa they're called Essential, Excel, Elite .............
http://tinyurl.com/ar6yyy5
Variety is the spice of life!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
in singapore there's only 1 spec = Cross country with a T4 and it costs a crazy £95,000.00 - enough to buy 4 nicely specced v40 in the UK! (thats cos almost 75% of that goes to some form of tax!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
In Portugal they're called by order of less equipment:
Kinetic, Momentum and Summum.

We also have the R-Design version.

In engines for petrol we have the:
T4 and T5

For Diesel the:
D2 and D4

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same here in Germany:

V40:

Basis (Base) -> Kinect -> Momentum -> Summum
R-Design

V40 Cross Country

Engines:

T3 - T4 - T5 (petrol)
D2 - D3 - D4 (diesel)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yellowbelly said:
From reading various Volvo V40 Club posts, it's apparent that the V40 variant names differ for different parts of the world. So far I've seen mention of Summum, Momentum and Kinetic. Here in the UK we have ES, SE, R-Design and Cross Country. http://www.volvocars.com/uk/Documents/Volvo-V40-pricelist.PDF
I'd appreciate a link to the non-UK brochure so that I can compare it with ours.

On a personal level, perhaps it's time I came out of the woodwork. I've had a short test drive in a D2 accompanied by a salesperson. However I prefer a petrol car and I've requested an unaccompanied extended (100 miles) test drive in a T4 and I'm eagerly awaiting my dealer locating one for me.
Hiya

I am from UK and bought the D2 SE Lux and was a bit disappointed that the badging only reflect V40 and D2 only

No mention of the SE LUX

Volvo 154

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ireland has the D2, D3 and T3 engines (T4 may be released later) for the V40; Cross Country only launched this week so not sure of engines.

V40 available in ES (base) SE and SE Lux variants.

I have the D2 but with exterior pack (eg 18 inch wheels and twin oval exhausts) so I got the dealer to remove the D2 badging (just use a credit card and prise it off!!!)

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, it doesn't leave a mark...in fact I must look at seeing if I can remove the Volvo lettering aswell ... that might confuse the neighbours, although the rear end is quite distinctively Volvo-esque.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MMY said:
........... in fact I must look at seeing if I can remove the Volvo lettering as well ..........
I don't like having the Volvo name in such a large script on the back either. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MMY said:
No, it doesn't leave a mark...in fact I must look at seeing if I can remove the Volvo lettering aswell ... that might confuse the neighbours, although the rear end is quite distinctively Volvo-esque.
I think bodyshops slice off stuck-on badges using a length of nylon cord.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Yellowbelly
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing