Wanna do mine when it comes..... ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been polishing cars for over 15 years - I'm no detailer, nor am I willing to spend money on someone else doing it :) I did research the products, the sealant gets nothing but excellent reviews, and I concur, it was great to apply and to remove, no dust and no hard buffing off. The water was running off every surface in the rain yesterday, (sad but...) mesmerising to watch :) The G5 for the glass works great too, was shedding the rain at 30mph upwards, covered all windows and the door mirrors.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Been polishing cars for over 15 years - I'm no detailer, nor am I willing to spend money on someone else doing it :) I did research the products, the sealant gets nothing but excellent reviews, and I concur, it was great to apply and to remove, no dust and no hard buffing off. The water was running off every surface in the rain yesterday, (sad but...) mesmerising to watch :) The G5 for the glass works great too, was shedding the rain at 30mph upwards, covered all windows and the door mirrors.
Nry, fantastic job on an already beautiful car. Impressive.

If I'm not asking for too much detail, what did the products cost you, overall?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
945 Posts
The V40 is good fun with the G220 with the curves on the bonnet and wings biut you woudl have to be careful on the sharp edges with a rotary

What did you use, elbow grease, DA or rotary?

How is your piano black looking, many micro scratches?

For any one using glass treatments, do not use it on any plastics like headlights, it can soften the plastic.

Oh get yourself a silver inicator bulb for the rear lights and loose the fried egg effect, for some reason the XC90 comes with these as standard but the other models don't??? I got some osram ones off ebay for little ££'s

Check the fitting but have a look at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-OSRAM...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43be41601f

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Elbow grease, no point in using a machine on such new/pristine paintwork...plus we don't have a DA anyhow :)

Piano black seems fine to me, we're pretty careful of it to be honest.

The Menzerna sealant is on all exterior plastic including the piano black panels, and also the lights front and back. The GTechniq G5 states it is for Perspex and glass however I did not put it on anything but glass.

I think I spent about £50 on the products and some new microfiber cloths and foam polish pads.

Can't say I had noticed the rear lights, probably don't spend much time at the rear of the car :) I'll have a look at those bulbs, I have Osram Nightbreakers up front in my car, good brand.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Nightbrakers are great I stuck them in the driving lights on our lasses ST to match the HID's and they are really bright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts