Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,
The other day I was rushing on the German highway early morning, so there was virtually no traffic. I've realised my max speed is 197 km/h after severalattempts. I found this a bit odd, as I felt the acceleration up until this point. That felt like a limiter kicking in. What do you think?
Thanks,
János

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
69 Posts
Yes, the car has a speed limiter. I think all V40 Diesel have it, perhaps the 5cylinder engines don't.
My 2.0 VEA Engine it's originally limited to 199 Km/h, in the dash. Then with a remap it's gone.

So it's a Volvo feature for all recent cars and if you haven't noticed yet all the 2020 cars produced have speed limit to 180 Km/h, it's on media:
https://www.media.volvocars.com/glo...-on-all-cars-to-highlight-dangers-of-speeding

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I knew that new ones are coming with limiter but i got no clue that v40 already does so. It seems no more excuse for not doing the remap.
Thanks mate

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
69 Posts
Yes, I knew that new ones are coming with limiter but i got no clue that v40 already does so. It seems no more excuse for not doing the remap.
Thanks mate
That's the point! No more excuses, remap it :D
And you won't regret, in a D4 you have loads of power to increase safelly

·
Registered
5 Posts
There was a special version for the Dutch market that was limimited to 199km/h due to the eco tires that where speed index H

·
Registered
75 Posts
You did not tell, which D4 you have János..
I can only tell you the 5-pot D4 has an official speed limiter (in germany) of 215 km/h (Geartronic, the manual is officially 225). Real world is exactly 222 km/h on the speedo, so I would guess it goes around 210-215. Reaching the limit is not like hitting a wall, but you can clearly feel that it cuts fuel. The reason the geartronic is slower is the gear ratio. If it had a 7 or 8 speed auto, it would go more than 230 I guess. There is a video on youtube where someone with the 5 cylinder D4 makes 247 km/h. Because I almost never drive fast, I don't know if the numbers get better if you attempt to reach the max more often..
Greetings!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi lemOnd,
It's a 4 pot 190hp diesel and has a limiter indeed, i've tried similar sprints since then and i certainly fell the limiter kicking in. I think ill do some remapping and limiter cancellation too.
Thank mate,
János

·
Registered
11 Posts
look for rica tuning on their ability with a tuning the limiter to get out. as with me volvo v40 D2 2.0L I now have 177HP and also have me gearbox tuned. easily get over 200 kilometers per hour now

·
Registered
354 Posts
look for rica tuning on their ability with a tuning the limiter to get out. as with me volvo v40 D2 2.0L I now have 177HP and also have me gearbox tuned. easily get over 200 kilometers per hour now
Can share your experience about the Rica gearbox tuning? You have a D2, so you have the 6-speed geartronic. Do you feel it's a lot better now? Would you suggest it to others?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts