Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team,
The other day I was rushing on the German highway early morning, so there was virtually no traffic. I've realised my max speed is 197 km/h after severalattempts. I found this a bit odd, as I felt the acceleration up until this point. That felt like a limiter kicking in. What do you think?
Thanks,
János

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
37 Posts
Yes, the car has a speed limiter. I think all V40 Diesel have it, perhaps the 5cylinder engines don't.
My 2.0 VEA Engine it's originally limited to 199 Km/h, in the dash. Then with a remap it's gone.

So it's a Volvo feature for all recent cars and if you haven't noticed yet all the 2020 cars produced have speed limit to 180 Km/h, it's on media:
https://www.media.volvocars.com/glo...-on-all-cars-to-highlight-dangers-of-speeding

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I knew that new ones are coming with limiter but i got no clue that v40 already does so. It seems no more excuse for not doing the remap.
Thanks mate

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
37 Posts
Yes, I knew that new ones are coming with limiter but i got no clue that v40 already does so. It seems no more excuse for not doing the remap.
Thanks mate
That's the point! No more excuses, remap it :D
And you won't regret, in a D4 you have loads of power to increase safelly

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a special version for the Dutch market that was limimited to 199km/h due to the eco tires that where speed index H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts