Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 V40 Cross Country D4 Luxury
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My first post, please bear with me. I have a late 2015 V40 Cross Country D4 Luxury with the VEA D4204T14 engine and 8 speed Geartronic transmission. The car has been great up until recently where it is now idling unevenly, seems to be lacking in power a little and occasionally stutters when putting into gear or accelerating from a stop.

It has just been in for a 90,000km service at Volvo Cars Canberra and they have noted in the service report "Air leak coming from turbo hose - Turbo hose requires replacement, Lower Turbo hose". I spoke with the service manager who said "there's a split in the rubber hose that connects between the turbocharger and the intercooler - it is directly connected to the intercooler on the turbocharger side". They currently have none in stock.

Anyway, the questions I have are:
1. Does anyone know the part number for this hose, I can't find anything definitive on the net.
2. If the original ones are of such poor quality that they only last a few years would I be better off seeing if there is an aftermarket silicone replacement available?
3. Any clues as to where I can get one, silicone or rubber (I'm in Canberra, Australia).
4. Do the symptoms I am experiencing seem to be related to a leaking turbo hose?

Thanks,
Rod

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it's the hose I believe it is (with some rigid plastic part on it) there's some people replacing them with the latest silicone version of the V90:

·
Registered
2015 V40 Cross Country D4 Luxury
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all. All the things that the Volvo dealer in Canberra told me were wrong with the car (split turbo hose, 2 broken engine mounts and a dying battery = AUD3400.00) turned out to be totally wrong. I took the car for a second opinion to a mechanic with years of Volvo experience, they cleaned a sensor (MAFS I think) and now the car goes as new and they charged me exactly AUD0.00. I don't think Volvo Cars Canberra will ever see my car again, they money they wanted me to spend wouldn't have fixed the problem anyway.

Cheers,
Rod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts