Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just done a quick search of the site and not found anything on this - it may be there but I am not good enough with IT to find it.

Had a letter from my supplying dealer today asking me to return the car for software update to correct a 'potential problem' with MY2014: left rear side light may stop functioning and 'bulb failure' lamp displayed in Driver information module.

Not a 'major issue' and I am sure it can wait until the end of the month when the car goes in for its 3 month check.

As a new Volvo owner, I am impressed with this level of service.
Have others had the letter?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Having being the person who had to fight to get Volvo to do a recall on the TFT (no km/h due to error in software) I was not impressed by how they denied it was an issue (not knowing if you are driving within the speed limit etc) they eventually relented, I wonder who had the same kind of fight to get this recall through?

·
Registered
273 Posts
@NEWOD Quintessentially it is a software update, but involving the lighting, I guess that was a reason to call it in. I've done 42,000 miles in 13 months and have only incurred software updates at the annual service every 4 months so have probably taken these for granted.

There's another post about Volvo dealers that shine through service wise, so clearly you have one...unlike @denn1s lol!

Reactions: denn1s
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.